Friday, June 20, 2008

BLOGIVERSARY!!!

It was 4 years ago this month, that I took the first step into the world of blogging. Little did I know then just how it would change my life. At first there really wasn't much to blog about, just small little blurbs here & there. Then it became a journal of sorts. When I learned how to post pictures, I started scanning every picture I own. Things really changed when a digital camera became my sidekick. Now I think people fear me & my camera, never knowing if they are going to make an appearance on the internet.
When I say that blogging has changed my life, it may sound strange, but it has. I have transformed a few times during these 4 years. Thank the Lord I have changed. Who wants to be the same way they were 4 years ago? I'm grateful that blogging came along. I have made some great friends & grew closer to others along the way. I don't talk to or see most of them, but being able to keep up with each others lives through blogging has kept our friendships vital.
Being a journal keeper, knowing that I have some of my life chronicled isn't new to me, but when I sit back & think of the time & love I have placed into blogging, it blows my mind. Blogging is a true hobby for me. A hobby that I love. If I didn't, I surely wouldn't be sitting here celebrating my 4th Blogiversary!!!!

To honor this month, Pink Lucy has gotten a new look. This was the most labor intensive make-over, I have ever done. I have changed over to the new blogger & with that I had to learn a new html language. I also created a 3 panel template. As you can see there are 2 sidebars. Which I'm super excited about! Gave me more space to spread out. Take a few minutes & look around the new Pink Lucy. I've added some new things. She is still pink, green & black, but there just aren't any colors that seem to fit her as well.

So, tell me what you think. Have you been reading the entire 4 years? How long have to been a reader? Now, I know that there are at least 20 people that stop by daily & some that stop by several times a day, so I expect comments from you. :) I'll admit, I'm not one that cares so much about the comments, but there are times when I see how many stop by & they never do say so in the comments. So, at least pacify me, since this is a special occasion. Wish Pink Lucy a Happy Blogiversary!!!


***I'm sorry everyone is seeing a white background. For some reason I can see the pink background, so I had no clue, it wasn't showing up. I'm working on fixing it. If you are still seeing a white background, please tell me in the comments! Thanks to those you have already commented & let me know. :)

19 comments:

  1. Love it, just the back ground is white so you can't see the links to your fam and friends and can't see where to click to comment... at least on my side of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! LOVE THE SHOUT TO MK!!! THANKS THAT IS AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not sure why it's doing that on your side...It's all good over here. Hhhmm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the sames prob as Staci. Other than those couple if things being white, I LOVE the colors. Happy Blogiversary!!! I've been reading your blog for about 2 years. Met ya when I started mine and Staci "introduced" us :) I check it everyday (even if I'm bad and don't comment :) )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new look. The colors and designs are really nice! I enjoy your blog because you're always so upbeat. Also I feel a sisterhood with you being a born again Christian as well. (I also attend an A/G) church. Even though I'm from "Jersey" I thought being friends with a country girl from Alabama would be nice. I've only been coming for about 6 months or so but do check you out every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. same problems as staci...

    love the new look

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I first open your blog it has a pink background but then the pink background quickly appears.

    Looks AWESOME!!!

    HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY!!

    How is it being 4 again?

    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to say......It has a white background at first! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. For some reason it's going to a default white background...But it looks lovely other wise! Congrats on 4 years! You don't look a day over 2!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Same thing here! You are the one who introduced me to blogging! So, I know my four year is just around the corner! Happy Blogiversary! I love the new look, even with the white!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You background looks great! I love the new look.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it... looking good as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it... and love reading daily:) i haven't found my motivation for constant blogging... just here and there on my myspace. so glad i found yours though!!!!

    Martha Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  14. you did a great job on the layout! it looks great!

    I think I've been reading for about 2 years.

    I can't remember how I came across your site, but I'm glad I did :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats!

    Thanks for adding me to your blogroll, and for visiting Fiddledeedee! I love the colors of your blog by the way...very pretty.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I see pink. I have read your blog since your Mom told me about it and that was probably when you first began blogging. Our Gretchen and Razzy will be 4 in August and I know I was reading it before we adopted them. I read other blogs but don't comment a lot. You girls just keep it up. They are all interesting. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy BLOGIVERSARY, the 4th. Feels happy visiting your blog.
    Yeah, we seem to hv d same things we love. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes I can't remember when I 'spotted' you but I have always been visiting you and sorry if I don't comment sometimes though.

    You are special in your own way and to me, you are not just a number in my blogroll but a friend whom I have never met but I am sure we will get round to meeting someday :D

    The friendship is still brewing and I will always be visiting your blog.

    Happy Blogiversary and I love your new look :D Very very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.