I'm trying to learn to do a few things differently. One of those being how to clean my house. I'm a person who hates to begin something that I can not finish right then. So, when it comes to cleaning my house, I will clean it ALL in one day.
I have a system:
Kitchen ~Of course this one is done daily
Sweep & mop floors
Master bath
Guest bath
vacuum whole house
Dust whole house
And I NEVER do anything out of order.
I also do all my laundry in one day.
I'm now trying the system of do alittle bit here & a little there. I kinda like it, but it's taking some getting used too.
So, here's my question...
How do you clean your house? Do you have a system?

I should probably not even comment here. LOL! If you've seen my post from today, you'll see my system for laundry.
ReplyDeleteI've been doing the FlyLady thing, and it is so amazing...I have my little morning routine, one day I do larger cleaning (takes me 90m maybe)a routine before bed, a few once in a while things each week. I spend less time cleaning now than I did before, and I have it all done by 10a, so I have the rest of the day to do what I want. I bought the book, but you don't have to-everything is on her site.
ReplyDeleteOh, and I do one load of laundry each day. With 2 boys, and DH and me, this works out best. I do one load once a week with the kitchen and bath towels and whichever sheets that week...
ReplyDeleteOkay seriously, I LOVE your blog. I love that you write about pop culture - I am a Big Brother addict too. LOVE LOVE LOVE it - if it's okay I will be linking here from my blog.
ReplyDeleteAs for the chores, I have a system. I do 2 loads of laundry every day. I sweep, mop, vacuum and do general pickup every day. I do big cleaning on Fridays of every week. And my kids have chores they are responsible for every day except Sundays. That helps a lot.
Monday - laundry (I have to do more during the week with 2 kids, but Monday is the big day)
ReplyDeleteTuesday - clean bathroom
Wednesday - usually too busy for chores on Wednesday, but I try to keep on top of my daily ones
Thursday - mop kitchen floor and sweep up
Friday - generally tidy up
Saturday - dust, vacuum, ironing
Sunday - REST!
I start cleaning about two hours before Chris comes home from work (during the summer when I'm off). :) I can't believe you mop every day! Wow. I'm impressed. During the summer I always have my laundry caught up, but during "the work year" I just do one or two loads a day (put one in the morning usually).
ReplyDeleteThis summer I have let things go and spent time with the kids. I do one load of laundry a day, and try not to run the appliances between noon and 5:00 to save on the electricity. I'm thinking of hiring an MC this year to do the dusting/floors/vacuuming every other week. I can handle everything else. I used to be obsessed with a clean house, but I've gotten over it! (Janet)
ReplyDeleteFor me-it's a constant thing. Justus likes to play with the toys I've just picked up. I have to make the bed first thing or it wont' get done at all. Laundry is pretty much a daily occurence around here. As are the dishes & vacuuming. Dusting unfortunetly rarely gets done---sad but true. Justus is learning to clean up one mess before making another so it's getting easier.
ReplyDeleteCrystal, your link to Donna's blog doesn't work! bg
ReplyDeleteI don't have a cleaning plan...never did. I did like to have it clean before the weekend just in case someone stopped by. M used to say things like, "if the house was clean we could go do something." I would tell him, "I promise you, NO ONE WILL CLEAN IT FOR ME WHILE WE ARE GONE! It will still be dirty for me to clean when we get back so don't worry about me missing out." Guess he didn't believe me. We didn't go much unless I 'earned' the priviledge by having the house clean...just in case he decided to go somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI was just reading your blog (linked from Sunshinedaily4me) and I have always stuggled with this one. Especially after I got married. So this year I started to set the timer for 1 hour every day. I would power clean starting with the kitchen, and then moving on to whatever else needed it. No looking at emials, no sitting down, just power cleaning. It has worked well for me.
ReplyDelete