Sunday, January 03, 2010

Majorly OCD

I think everyone has some sort of OCD in them. I may have more than others. Haha! One thing that I am very OCD about is when I leave the house I have to go check to make sure I unplugged the curling iron/flat iron. I will check it once I am done using it, but I always have to go back & check before I actually leave. Not just check, but touch the plug, just in case my eyes play a trick on me. Then sometimes, even after checking right before I walk out the door, I have had to get out of the car to come check it again....And there have been a few times, I have turned the car around to come check....Just one more time. This morning as we were leaving for church, I hit a new phase of OCD. I did my normal checking, D was already in the car, I came out the door & went to back to check one more time. And this is where it really got scary...I went to the bathrrom door, looked at the wall socket, turned to go out of the bedroom door, turned around & went back to the bathroom door & did it all over again.....4 TIMES!!!! I was like in a trance! I had to say to myself out loud to STOP IT! I had flashing of those people on the TV specials, like True Life, where someone has to touch the doorknob 101 times before they can leave. OK.....Now I can not believe I just told this....Uuuugggg....

3 comments:

  1. Oh girl, we are so much alike. I do the exact same thing with my flat iron. I once drove all the way from school to check and make sure I turned it off. I even missed a class...and you guessed it, it was unplugged when I got home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am like that with locking my car at the train station. I lock it and then ½ way through the parking lot I think I forgot and have to walk back until the remote works and I see the light flash. It's only at the train station I do that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol.I need more of that in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.