Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving At The Barn

This year, my Paw requested we all get together for Thanksgiving. It has been a really long time since we have & boy was it fun! Everyone got to be there except, D (who had to work), Bonnie (who was in Auburn), Donna & Karl (who were moving into their new house in NC).
Diane & Renee getting started on the turkey leg.
There was entirely way too much food! And my oven fried corn didn't come out good at all. Actually...It was awful. But I think making such a huge batch & the fact that some spilled in the oven & it became oven smoked corn, may have had something to do with it. But the ham rolls were a hit!
The kiddo's!
And the others....

My eyes aren't closed...I'm laughing & looking at Paw. He was being his goofy self. We weren't meeting until 1pm to eat. But he was there at 9:30am!
Renee & Blakely wearing some of Amber's creations. She sells them & has some Christmas ones coming....If you want to know more send me an e-mail!
After Paw ate he was ready to hit the road...Well, he had been there ALL day!
Paw with his offspring & some of their offspring.
Chad's new baby Marie. She's a cutie!
Amber taking her sweet time maping out Black Friday shopping. Haha!

Alyssa & Mr. Bob (Uncle Bob) When explained to her that he is her uncle & why she called him Mr. Bob, she said it is his "Little Name." They were adorable together.

The kiddo's again & Ashtyn wasn't happy. :)

It really was a fabulous time. But I missed D terribly though. I was OK, until I got home & saw him. I cried then. It's the first Thanksgiving we have spent apart & I did not like it. I am thankful though that he has a job & was able & willing to make $ for our family. Some people refuse to work holidays, no matter their financial situation. And the Lord blessed me with a man, who cares enough to sacrifice for us.

Thanks Renee & Jimbo for opening the barn for us to make some sweet memories!

6 comments:

  1. It really was a great day and I say we make it a new Thanksgiving tradition!
    Thanks for the plug about my shirts! :)
    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww..that looked like FUN! Can't believe Paw was there soooo early! The pic of the whole crew @ the truck cracks me up w/Daddy's head peekin' over the roof of the truck!
    And Bob's "little name"...that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was one of the best Thanksgiving days ever! We are looking forward to Christmas! You were missed! Auntie D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daddy called me again today to Thank me for getting it together for him. He really enjoyed himself.....I think everybody did!
    I'm with Amber...it should be the beginning of a new tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why did Chad not put Marie's Thanksgiving dress on? Someone is going to have to teach him how to take care of a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new tradition has begun!!! I love being in that barn!
    rg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.