Sunday, November 29, 2009

Black Friday 2009

The morning began with the alarm going off at 2:30am. Mom & I met Diane at Belk at 4am. We were only wanting the gift card they hand out. Last yr we got $10 ones. This yr we got $5 ones.

From Belk we were going to go to Walmart but Jamie texted me & said she had just gotten her free bag at Target. We decided to go there first. The line didn't look too bad when we got there & as we were walking to find the end of the line, they were handing out the free bags. We got our bags & turned the corner to find the line not only went to the end of the building but was looping back up into the parking lot. We turned around with free bags in hand & left! I honestly can't remember where we went & in what order from there.
We did go to the Waffle House for some grub.


Now let me set the scene for you. Waffle House was extremely busy. We sat at the counter, so we could see all that was going on with the food & such. Our waitress was a little bit on the frazzled side older lady. She took our orders & went on her merry way. While we waited we observed the madness behind the counter & commented amongst ourselves about the employees, their attitudes & other things. We heard when my order was "up' but I didn't receive it until much later. So, my hashbrowns were cold. They were barely warm in the middle. Mom & Diane's orders were piping hot. I said to Diane & Mom that I wasn't going to pay for them. I would have normally sent them back, but after the long wait for the cold hashbrowns, I wasn't about to send them back. I was getting sick hungry & I needed to eat. So, I ate the cold hashbrowns. Our waitress continued to lack social skills & I didn't leave her a tip. We went to pay & were ignored at the register for a bit, as had other customers throughout the morning. I was finally helped & the lady asked how was my meal. Now, I was not going to complain. I had zero intentions of it. I ate & was ready to get out of there. But when she asked me & I was not going to lie. I said, "It was good, except for my cold hashbrowns." She handed my ticket to our lovely waitress, told her my hashbrowns were cold, our waitress grabbed it, turned her back to me, threw her hands in the air saying "I am not going to deal with this...Make him (pointing to the manager) deal with it!" There was a man sitting at the counter, who leaned over to me & said, I would not tip her for nothing, after that attitude"...I told him not to worry. The manager said to not charge me. It was only $2.90, since all I got were hashbrowns & water. Not like I ate some huge expensive meal & got it for free. Plus I had no plan in saying anything, but I was asked. When I was honest, I had no idea I would end up with free $2.90 cold hashbrowns. Well....My Aunt Diane was not happy with me & the situation. I told her, she is a better Christian than me I suppose. Hahaha! I think she even went back & tipped the looney waitress. Hahaha! The hashbrown incident became a running joke the rest of the day.
Mom bought this "bling" with her $5 gift card at Belk. *rolling my eyes*
Renee.....Diane wants to know which one you want for Christmas!
At Hobby Lobby, where we met up with Jamie, Amber & Jessie....This photo is a bit blurry, but I had to post it, since it was so cute!

Princess Shirley
They said this is what they were going to do when they got home. Amber was joking....Jamie I'm not so sure about!
Mom found a bench to sit on that won't fall apart under her! Go here to read about Black Friday 2007, for the story.
We ate lunch at Five Guys or as Mom so fondly called it Two Brothers. Later in the day, I said I smelt like 5 guys......Uummm...That didn't sound very nice.
Mom found her a little bench to keep in her purse!

We shopped for 12 hours! And I got everything on my list except for the game "Bop It." It was one blast of a day, full of more laughter than should be legal! I can't wait for after Christmas shopping! It's just as fun!

4 comments:

  1. It was a fun day....and my legs was a screaming at me when I got home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would have sided with your aunt about the waffle house waitress :) You never know what kind of morning she's had and even though you might say those things should carry over into her work... but it does. I would have told her immediately they were cold... she was probably was thinking you should have said something sooner so she could have had the opportunity to make it right but she may have felt by you waiting until you checked out that you were complaining to someone else to get in her trouble. I've been on both sides of that situation and I never act that way to servers... waffle house or ruth cris :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, Diane found a purse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, good grief! Are you crazy for getting up at 2:30 am??? YEESSS!!

    I am on your side, though about the waitress. It doesn't really matter what kind of day she had, she should have remained professional.

    Besides, you were't mean about it, you just stated the truth and the facts in what sounded like a pleasant tone.

    Five Guys - reminds me of the time my mother was visiting and my Dad and husband come in late and ask, "What about supper?"

    My mother replied, "I did five guys."

    Jay understood what she meant, but my dad didn't understand what she really meant was, "I did Five Guys."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.