Thursday, June 25, 2009

Death Comes in 3's

If you noticed, death always comes in 3's. I know it sounds morbid, but it's true. I always notice this when it comes to celebrities. Like this week....

Tuesday Ed McMahon passed away. I used to watch Johnny Carson as a kid, so you couldn't have watched that show & not know his famous sidekick, Ed McMahon. I also remember him from the bloopers show & American Family Publishers with Dick Clark.

Then this morning I heard the news that Farrah Fawcett had lost her battle with cancer. If you have never seen the movie "The Burning Bed" you need to. Powerful. She wasn't just a sex symbol, that lady could act. I also enjoyed her reality show, "Chasing Farrah." After I learned she has passed away, one of the first things I thought was "Which celebrity will be next?"


Then this afternoon, while driving home, I was listening to the Ryan Seacrest show, when he said TMZ announced Michael Jackson had died. For me growing up as apart of the MTV generation, Michael Jackson was everything. And when it was time for one of his videos to debut, time stood still.

My heart goes out to their families. Death is never easy.

Check out Michael & Farrah's People magazine covers throughout the years. I actually wonder how they will do the next cover with 3 icons dying in a week.

Here's also my all time favorite Michael Jackson song & video.

8 comments:

  1. I remember gathering in my living room as a teenager waiting for the premiere of the Black & White video.... my mom was a huge MJ fan. We recorded it lol. I loved the younger Michael but he got older and freaky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have several 45 records of the Jackson Five when they first started their career. I also have quite a few of his albums (including the Thriller album I bought for Hooty) and his music on 8 track and cassette. I was a huge fan. Though I feel he had a lot of issues stemming from his childhood, they do not excuse any of his odd behaviors towards children. I really felt sorry for him. He was extremely talented and I still enjoy listening to his music and watching his videos. dd

    ReplyDelete
  3. Strange... never thought about the 3's thing.. of course when someone over heard that MJ died I told the group of people I was with that al I needed to do was text you and you could give me the update, and then I didn't have a signal, so I was sad. I finally got connected online and found out myself., but I knew you'd know what was going on...

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, I guess you can throw that
    3's thing right out the window....now, Billy Mays, I wanna know what the heck is in the water they're drinking

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Carridine was last week or the week before, too. Crazy... so if they come in 3's, I wonder who's next? This is a random bunch of people.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I forgot about David Carradine! It is all awfully weird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He was an actor, made famous from a 1970's show called Kung Fu. He was in alot of films & had guest spots on shows. You may know him from the Kill Bill movies. He was Bill.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.