D had to work a 13 hr shift on his actual birthday, so we did some celebrating, after he got home on Friday night. Mom & Danny come over for cake & ice cream.
His *super* marvelous cake, made by a very special someone.

And it was *super* delicious too!!!
Yellow cake with chocolate butter cream icing....Yummy to my tummy!

I surprised D, with something out of the ordinary for me. He has been working a ton, providing for us & never complaining. So, I decided to take some money out of savings & buy him a PSP. He has been wanting one since they came out. I love him beyond words & he totally deserved it! He was thrilled!

Today we slept in, since he was beyond exhausted. It was his first off day since Easter. He has been pulling at least 12 hour shifts. Absolutely no complaints here...Praise the Lord for overtime! God is good.
He chose BBQ for his birthday meal.

Look! No Superman shirt!
After we got home, Mom & I made a run to a Rite Aide that is closing. Everything was 50% off. The store was pretty much empty. But I did manage to get a few things, including 2 DVD's of The Lucy Show, for $2.
It was gorgeous outside, so I cleaned Bubbles (my car). She was in desperate need of some TLC. I know it is weird, but I know she feels better. ;)
While out cleaning the car, I saw this....
What a perfect way to end the weekend, in typical D fashion.
Yellow cake with chocolate butter cream icing....Yummy to my tummy!
Today we slept in, since he was beyond exhausted. It was his first off day since Easter. He has been pulling at least 12 hour shifts. Absolutely no complaints here...Praise the Lord for overtime! God is good.
After we got home, Mom & I made a run to a Rite Aide that is closing. Everything was 50% off. The store was pretty much empty. But I did manage to get a few things, including 2 DVD's of The Lucy Show, for $2.
It was gorgeous outside, so I cleaned Bubbles (my car). She was in desperate need of some TLC. I know it is weird, but I know she feels better. ;)
What a perfect way to end the weekend, in typical D fashion.

Happy Birthday D (kinda weird, my name starts with a D and my b-day was this last weekend too.) love the shoes at the end of the post... too funny
ReplyDeleteOh WOW!!! That is a gorgeous cake and I know you'll celebrate in style for your special man :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Belated Birthday to him once again :D
I want a piece of that cake!!!
ReplyDeleterg
Who made the cake??
ReplyDeleteI like it that you made it so special! Birthdays should always be special!!
Happy Birthday D. I love that cake - too cute! Someone is talented.
ReplyDelete