D & I watched the History Channel special 102 Minutes, that I mentioned in the 9/11 post. It was gripping. Moving. Powerful. The images with never leave me. I sat in tears, with my pillow hugged tightly to my chest. I believe everyone should see this documentary. In case you missed it, it was footage that average people took with their own cameras during the time the first plane hit, until the 2nd tower fell. And the way that they did the docu, was to take that footage & put it together chronologically. I want to buy this when it comes out on DVD. And make myself watch it every year, so I will never forget the terror of that day. I can not imagine what those people went through. Or their loved ones. It's haunting. Bless them Lord.
Did you take time today to honor the memory of those that lost their lives, 7 years ago? Did you happen to see 102 Minutes? Your thoughts?

You can order it from the History Channel on DVD. I don't remember the price. I don't get the channel so another history teacher was supposed to record it for me.... if they didn't I will have to get the school to get it for my classroom. I showed the video clip to my students about it yesterday. My 8th and 9th graders stood there speechless. I have a few in the 8th grade who say they are against the war and for Obama. When the video was over I looked at those specific students and said Tell these people this war is stupid. They just started at me.... I can't wait to see the whole thing!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteI recorded the documentary but haven't been able to bring myself to watch it yet.
ReplyDeleteI remember that morning - going about my normal routine when my mom called and told me to turn on the TV. I sat on my coffee table and cried for the rest of the day. My now 8 year old son kept patting my cheek asking me "why cry"? I coulnd't explain the twisted hatred behind it then anymore than I can now.