Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Alabama Mis-Adventure

Sunday, D had a work picnic at Alabama Adventure (our only theme park). I had never been, so even though I knew it was no Six Flags, I was looking forward to it. We started the day with lunch & it was not the nice catered affair that we had expected. It was just plain nasty & everyone complained. D & I didn't end up eating. You know it has to be pretty bad for D not to eat it. I got to meet some of D's coworkers & we ended up touring the park with one younger guy & his Mom.


I hate Ferris wheels...
But I road it anyway. This is the only time I looked up, other than taking D's picture. If you could see my hands, you would see the grip I have on the middle pole...My fingers were blue. I have acquired an extreme fear of heights over the last few years & I had a panic attack. And oh lucky me...Not only did we stop at the top once, but we did it twice! The entire time I was looking at the floor & telling D to not move a muscle. One time he kinda looked over the side & the thing moved, I started screaming. Never again, will I ride a Ferris wheel!
I didn't get pictures, but D was getting mad at me for pointing out the women who needed some clothes on, that had walked over from the waterpark. Let me tell ya, it was scary. I'm all for women being comfortable with their bodies, but when you are no longer near the water, please cover up. All the lumps & bumps are not a pleasant sight.
We did get a funnel cake! A must!
My Rasta dude.
How I feel about the park.

It was a huge disappointment....Here's a list (since I love lists):
  • the gift shop, looked like it was stocked at the beginning of the season, but never again. The place was picked over & bins were empty. It didn't make much sense, seeing as how the park stays open until the end of September.
  • most of the concession stands were closed
  • the "kids" that run the rides, were too busy texting to pay attention to anything.
  • several rides were closed
  • one ride "The Scrambler", that we walk to the other side of the park for wasn't even there! It was just an space, where it once sat.
  • the staff were all completely unprofessional
  • if it hadn't been free & I had to pay my own money to get in & park my car, then come into that place....I would have thrown one royal fit.
It was a beautiful day & the weather could not have been better. Very unseasonably cool for August in Bama. And I loved spending the day with my Honey D. We stopped by Watermark Place (the looser of outlet malls), so I could go to the Lane Bryant. I thought about Jamie & Mel, because we spent the day there, when Mel came to visit last Summer.

4 comments:

  1. I was kinda laughing at the order you put stuff in... you just got done talking about women putting more clothes on and why and then showed a picture of that lumpy pastry thing... it was just funny, cuz I was thinking while reading it "no she didn't take a picture of one of those women" and then the top of the next pic... it just hit me as funny (maybe I am the only one though lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a day and it is great to see both of you having a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're looking a little GREEN in that first CD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was suppose to say.......You're looking a little GREEN in that first picture CD!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.