I had big plans for making D a birthday cake this year, but since I never have a car & have to make due with where ever Mom goes, I wasn't able to go to Hobby Lobby to get what I wanted. D requested a yellow cake with chocolate icing. I was going to decorate it in Superman colors, but the place I went didn't have all 3 colors. So I thought yellow & orange would be festive. I didn't think until I started decorating, that it looks like a cake you would make during the Fall! I also forgot to get the tips for the icing, so I have to make do. It's my funky cake!
He had to work on his birthday, but we did get to go out to dinner. He chose Ruby Tuesday's. It would not have been pink, but it wasn't my birthday. Then we went to a couple of stores & he came home with 2 video games. Mom & Danny came over to have cake & ice cream with us.
I didn't let D see or know what I did to the cake. He LOVED IT! I think it turned out kinda cute, myself, especially all lit up with the candles.
I didn't let D see or know what I did to the cake. He LOVED IT! I think it turned out kinda cute, myself, especially all lit up with the candles.

That's pretty neato..
ReplyDeleteI think the cake looks awesome. VERY good job. Happy Birthday Daniel!
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely gorgeous Crystal :D The colour combination is 'explosive' to say the least with all that lighted candles!!
ReplyDeleteYou did great! I like it! I like making the cakes myself as long as they turn out pretty decent. I think we are alike in that way!
ReplyDeleteCake looks great!! I haven't made one in a long time. MAybe I need to do one this year
ReplyDelete