Thursday, January 10, 2008

A Little Scary...But Not For Me

We got some much needed rain today, but also a strong band of storms. The schools closed at 1pm & D came & picked me up early from work. Thankfully we were on the road during a break from the rain. We kept an eye on the weather from the continuous TV coverage. We ate supper, had the window open enjoying the sound of the rain & were watching our hour of Lucy, when the weather alarm sounded. Just as it was going off, the phone starts ringing, to where I tell D, that it's Mom. Sure enough it was. We turned on the news to hear them say, "if you live on this certain highway, between this city & this city, you better take cover now! There is a tornado in your area." I calmly told D we need to get in the closet. The 'kids' were so good & followed me right in there. We had the TV in the bedroom on so we could hear from the closet. While in there, I could hear the storm over us & told D, that's what the noise was. It didn't last long & we were free to escape back to normalcy. A little while later D says, "I sure was scared." I looked at him with a bit of confusion, because it was nothing really, at least I thought. Then he says, "Especially after you told me it was over us!" Poor guy, he's not used to the land of tornadoes, but a world of earthquakes, mudslides & wild fires.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad that it didn't do any damage and that all of you survived!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No tree through the roof! Yeah!! And did I read this right!?!?! You DID NOT loose power? Oh my word, will wonders never cease! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is correct Jamie....Our power stayed on! It amazed me too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally with Daniel on this one...earthquakes dont scare me but tornados I freak out! lol I am glad you guys were safe I saw on the news the weather was bad there .... I didnt realize it was in your town.... Thank you Jesus for your protection!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.