....Well, you know the old saying. I guess it's time to update you on the blockbuster ending to a crappy week!
Friday~ I took D back to the ER, for an MRI. They didn't understand why he was told to come back there & frankly we didn't either. He should have been referred to a Dr for one. We spent another 3 hours in the ER, to find out the D has a ruptured disk. He was quite devastated at this news & it was not what we wanted to hear. He was referred to a neurosurgeon, that he will see on Tuesday. Surgery is a possibility.
That night, I went to Walmart with Mom & while there, my stomach began to feel weird & it progressively got worse. By the time we left Mom rushed me home, to where I burst threw the door & barely made it to the bathroom. I puked 3 times in the next 2 hours. I don't ever remember being that nauseous before. I couldn't even move my fingers or I would get sick. I could NOT believe I was sick now of all times.
Saturday~ I ended up running a fever all day & in the process of throwing up, I ended up with a horrible sore throat, I could barely talk. Plus to top it all off....I aggravated my neck injury. Remember that one? Jeez Louis!!! So, I spent the day in bed, with an ice pack on my neck, while D was drugged to keep down the pain.
Sunday~ I was still sick & still in tons of neck pain. D same as before. We of course stayed home & I slept most of the day. I lost a total of 5 pounds this weekend.
Monday~ I just took D to work. How he's going to make it today, is only with the strength of the Lord. We are quite a pair....He can barely walk & I'm sorta hunched over & can't turn my head. It wasn't fun driving. D can't drive, because the pain is affecting his right side & he has no feeling in his right foot.
We could not have made it at all this weekend if we weren't tremendously blessed with Mom, Danny & a few special friends (you know who you are). Praise Jesus, we live next door to Mom & Danny! They have done SO much for us. Thanks to everyone who has prayed & please continue.
I need to go ice my neck. I'll have to go pick D back up from work. I wonder if he'll make it all day?

sounds like you've had it rough
ReplyDeletei thought... whoo hooo crystal has the car - thats a first! but then i quickly realized you're sick so its gonna stay parked in the driveway
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling good! Yuck! I'm praying for you both.
ReplyDeleteSo sorry y'all are down for the count. Get better soon.
ReplyDeleteI pray that you both heal quickly.
ReplyDeletePlease keep us updated!
Bummer for both of you! I know how much those ailments can throw off your life...it's hard to get anything done when you're feeling badly.
ReplyDeleteAnd you're a go getter when it comes to being productive, so I'm sure you're feeling it badly!
Hope you both get to feeling better soon!
Sorry to hear this Crystal but hope you are feeling better now.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry you are all feeling cruddy! I wish I lived closer so I could have helped too! Hugs & prayers to you both from Maryland!
ReplyDeleteOh my, I will be praying for you two! Geesh, that's a lot of yuckiness for two people! I hope all the pain goes away quickly!
ReplyDeleteAre you guys feeling better today????
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you live next-door to me also. Love ya! MOM
ReplyDelete