
I haven't mentioned Virginia Tech yet. One of the stories, that has really touched my heart, from this is the Professor that lived through the Holocaust. To only die by the hand of a disturbed young man, while he was trying to protect his students. What a TRUE hero, that's the kinda person, kids need to look up too, instead of athletes that are paid way more then they deserve.
Why weren't people seeing that there was something wrong with this guy? I know why...People DO NOT want to get involved. How many people passed him daily? Someone had to see something along the way. Someone had to have that "Spirit Check." Or as Oprah says, that inner voice, the hairs that stand up on your neck. Maybe if someone would have stepped up, none of this would have happened.
I remember when I was in the 9th grade at a small Christian School, I wasn't a kid that sat at the "popular" table at lunch. I sat with the weirdos & outcasts. There was one boy in my class of maybe 20? that no one ever talked too. He would at my table for lunch sometimes, other times alone. I only went 1 semester at that school, but a year or so later, that boy committed suicide. Any time a young person, that is considered an outsider, that kills others & or themselves, I always think about that buy from my 9th grade class.
As far as the media is concerned, I'll be the first to say, I want to know all the info about the insane guy. But I also think we don't need to feed into what he wanted. The media needs to respect these families that lost loved ones. Let's focus on these victims & their memories.
Why weren't people seeing that there was something wrong with this guy? I know why...People DO NOT want to get involved. How many people passed him daily? Someone had to see something along the way. Someone had to have that "Spirit Check." Or as Oprah says, that inner voice, the hairs that stand up on your neck. Maybe if someone would have stepped up, none of this would have happened.
I remember when I was in the 9th grade at a small Christian School, I wasn't a kid that sat at the "popular" table at lunch. I sat with the weirdos & outcasts. There was one boy in my class of maybe 20? that no one ever talked too. He would at my table for lunch sometimes, other times alone. I only went 1 semester at that school, but a year or so later, that boy committed suicide. Any time a young person, that is considered an outsider, that kills others & or themselves, I always think about that buy from my 9th grade class.
As far as the media is concerned, I'll be the first to say, I want to know all the info about the insane guy. But I also think we don't need to feed into what he wanted. The media needs to respect these families that lost loved ones. Let's focus on these victims & their memories.
Don't forget to pray for everyone affected.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!!!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.