Thursday, August 31, 2006

Invasion Of The "I Don't Know What's"

On Tuesday we still hadn't caught Mr. Mouse & I had found droppings in cabinet that I kept the dog food. Mr. Mouse was obsessed with the dog cookies. I keep a bowl of them out next to the food bowls, that way the 'kids' can get a treat any time they want too. Once I realized that Mr. Mouse was eating them, I put away the cookies. We decided to reset the traps, D went to get one of them & told me there was no need to set them, because we caught him. I was quite pleased & peace resided in the house once again.

After D was bitten by a scorpion in our bed. And it was very hard to get back to sleep! He sprayed the house. For some reason this time, the spray isn't killing bugs, it's bringing them in!!! It's mainly in the bathrooms, that I'm finding bugs that I'm never seen before. And quite a few scorpions.

Last night I was sitting at the computer & the 'kids' were outside & I heard some kinda scratching sound behind me. I wasn't sure were it was coming from & I didn't go see either. I'm a chicken when it comes to that kinda stuff. That's what D is for! It stopped & I forgot about until today, when D asked me if I had heard Razzy barking this morning. He said that he went to see what he was barking at & Razzy was in the hallway & there was a loud scratching coming from inside the walls!!! Ok, I'm freaking out just typing this. So this weekend is "Mission Terminate."
CRAP!!! I hear something behind me!

7 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, that scratching would freak me out too!!! We are also having horrible bug problems. I don't know why, but being that we just built this house like 3 months ago, I guess I didn't figure we would have bug problems. But...we do!! We have killed SEVERAL scorpions outside...and about 3 inside. My main pet peeve right now though is ANTS. They are everywhere. My hubby has been caulking around every baseboard in our house, and I must say, it has helped! I haven't seen a trail of ants crossing the floor lately. Bugs are so annoying though, so I am feeling your pain! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!! I hope you get rid of the creature in the wall soon. I know from experience how freaky that can be. I had a "scratcher" in the wall behind my kitchen sink for a while. The only positive is that it was a good excuse not to wash the dishes!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eww...I had a scratcher in the ceiling above my bed one time back home and I wouldn't sleep in my room...Daddy went into the attic to see what it was but never found it...probably a squirrel or a mickey mouse. I remember Bro. Keith told us a story once about someone having a rat in the walls of their trailer, finally they got a gun and shot through the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have TERRIBLE problems with mice. We have bought mouse trap after mouse trap. We caught 5 in one day (about 6 hours). They drive me nutz! We have some now, just can't get them to come to the mouse traps. I've heard a couple in our walls lately. On one hand, it helps my case in getting a cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago I told my mom & dad there was something in the attic - they kept telling me I was hearing things. Finally one night the attic vistor must have knocked over boxes and there was loud banging that woke my mom up. She made ME get a ladder & go up there! It was a momma raccoon & her babies!!! They eventually got evicted and the hole she made throught the attic fan to get in was sealed & the fan was sealed over with chicken wire. Hopefully you will get rid of your behind the wall guy easily!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Donna, that was Keith that did that. You know how terrified Katrina is. ~Amber

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.