Crazy to think it's been a year since the face of the Gulf Coast area was changed forever. Take time today to pray for those that are still being effected by this storm.
You couldn't turn the TV on without hearing about loss from Hurricane Katrina.
All of my students are returning students...except one. He lived in St. Bernard Parish. I asked him if it would be okay if I asked him some questions. He shared with us how his family left but didn't take much because they thought they would come home in a few days. And when they got home, the water was above their doors. They lost everything. EVERYTHING!
It was all I could do to compose myself. It's one thing to see pictures...it's a whole 'nother thing to see it face to face.
My heart still aches for these people.....
ReplyDeleteYa'll...it was a somber day yesterday.
ReplyDeleteYou couldn't turn the TV on without hearing about loss from Hurricane Katrina.
All of my students are returning students...except one. He lived in St. Bernard Parish. I asked him if it would be okay if I asked him some questions. He shared with us how his family left but didn't take much because they thought they would come home in a few days. And when they got home, the water was above their doors. They lost everything. EVERYTHING!
It was all I could do to compose myself. It's one thing to see pictures...it's a whole 'nother thing to see it face to face.