Thursday, August 10, 2006

Elementary School Memories

I saw this on someone else's blog once & thought it would be fun to do this now, since school is starting up again. I also decided to add my class picture from each year, just to help with visuals.


Kindergarten~I cried everyday until I threw up. This year was the first time & only time I got into trouble during class. This boy Casey (who was the class clown throughout all my years of elementary school)had his arms in the air & was shaking his hands. I was sitting across from him & I had my arm raised, to ask a question. Something came over me, because what he was doing looked like so much fun. So, I started copying him. The teacher had her back to us at the time & when she turned around Casey was smart enough to know to put his arms down, but not me. I was left flailing my arms in the air, like I just didn't care. My name was written on the board. That's what they did when you got your first warning & if you got 3 checks beside it, you went to the office. I was so ashamed & I cried until I threw up.



First Grade~I cried everyday until I threw up. I don't remember too much about this year. But I do remember that Mom is the one that created the afterschool program at the Christian school I attended. So, we had to stay at the school until 6pm. I didn't like that.





Second Grade~I cried everyday until I threw up.This was the beginning of my hair style experimenting. I wanted spiked hair so bad! As you can see from 1st grade my hair was really long. On picture day, my hair was all nice & spiked up, but right before the picture was taken, the Principle walked up with a comb & brushed my hair down.

And another story from this year...The teacher left the class for a minute & when she left she put someone in charge to be the monitor. You know someone to tell if anyone did anything wrong? Well, I happened to drop my pencil on the floor & we weren't allowed to get up, so I had the bright idea to lean my entire desk forward, to pick up my pencil. When I did I POOTED really loud! Of course the entire class thought it was hilarious & erupted into laughter. The teacher came back into the class & people were still snickering. She asked if anyone talked & the boy who was monitor said, "No, but Crystal pooted!" I saw the teachers face & she was trying with all her might not to laugh...I was humiliated & I cried.






Third Grade~I didn't threw up everyday, but often. I started wearing a bra this year too & not a training one, either. This was the year I had my first boyfriend & first break up. We were "going out" ya know? I don't know where we were going we were only in 3rd grade, for goodness sakes! Jason & I went out for a grand total of 1 day! He was best friends with Casey (refer to kindergarten) & I had a huge crush on Casey & did for years to come. I thought if I was "going out" with Jason, I would just be that much closer to Casey, since we would all hung out together during recess. But after I agreed to be Jason's girlfriend, I realized that we would be known as the fat couple. Ya see we were the fat kids in the class. That horrified me, so I went back the next day & tragically broke up with Jason. And I didn't have another boyfriend again until I was 18. Hahahaha
Also this is my favorite school picture, the others are just hideous & we forgot this was picture day.





Fourth Grade~By this time I had mastered the art of faking a sickness, so I spent alot of time in the sick room at school. I was the first girl in my class to receive her monthly curse (LOL). October 11th, to be exact. All the girls made fun of me in the bathroom, but it wasn't long & they soon followed me into womanhood, one by one.
I had a long denim skirt, with a slit up the back that was my very favorite thing to wear. It was an honor to be safety Patrol for the week & one of our duties was taking down & putting up the flag everyday. One morning I joyfully went to stand up on the cement post that held the flag pole in the ground, as I hiked my leg up, I heard a rip. My shirt had ripped all the way to the waste! So, there I stood with my whole shirt, along with the flag, flapping in the wind. Thankfully one of the secretaries happened to see it & she can out with her jacket to wrap around me. I spent the next few hours in the office with a blanket around me until my Granny (I think that's who it was) got there with some pants. Of course that didn't match my shirt, so one again I was humiliated even further.

Mom always thought my hair was just frizzy...BUT I had curly hair & she would BRUSH IT! A huge NO NO with curly hair. She didn't know what to do with my "frizzy" hair, so she would cut into layers just like hers. I had old lady hair. I hated my hair!





This was my favorite year in elementary school. The next year I began Homeschooling. The reason it was my favorite was because of the amazing teacher I had. She made learning so interesting & when I wasn't faking being sick....I actually loved to go to school. I enjoyed her so much that I nominated her for Teacher Of The Week. Our local TV station did this on the news once a week. You had to get the forms & collect signatures from the class & other teachers & write the reason why she should be Teacher Of The Week. Once you turned it all in, then the TV station would decided if you qualified & of course my teacher did. The Weatherman came out with his camera man & interviewed some of us & presented my teacher with a little plaque or something. And then we were on the news. I still have the video.




I hope you enjoyed my memories of elementary school! And I'm not going to say anyone should do this one too, because no one ever does these things any more. *raspberries to you*

12 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    I am dying over here!!!!!!

    This is the first time for me to hear any of these stories as well and I have laughed so hard that I wet my pants! hahahahahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL You are so funny! I was dying laughing on the crying till you threw up just about every year. It sounds like you had some traumatic experiences, bless your heart! If I ever get around to setting my blog back up, I'll have to do this one. Except I have no clue where my pictures are, I'd have to hit my mom up for that one. This was so funny though, it made my night!! (not that I was laughing at your personal turmoil of school years..LOL...but just the way you wrote it was hilarious.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about it Anna, I'm glad I made your night....I laugh about it too....NOW!!! hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did some of my memories. Loved yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic I might have to find mine and put them up.lol.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was great! If I can find my pictures I will post mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwe....you pooted in front of the whole class! Oh the humiliation you must have felt. I'm having a major pity party for you right now. Seriously, this breaks my heart. :(
    rg

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet of you to share such wonderful memories!

    I cried once coz my Mom came to fetch me late when I was in my kindergarten....*sob*.....cried all the home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cried and threw up almost everday up until about 3rd grade too!!!! LOL! One day my first grade teacher asked me why I kept throwing up and I said, "I think it's the smell of your perfume!" LOL! What a little stinker, I was! But, I really thought that maybe it was.

    Anyway, you are just too cute. I loved reading these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You started you period in 4th grade??? You poor thing! I didn't get mine until 8th!!! You were soo cute! I wish I had a scanner...people would die if they saw my elementary photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will do it, once I get to the church and can scan in my picturs. My scanner at home bit the dust.. it makes a noise like this : FFFGGGGGRRGGGGRRRRRRRRGGGGG, so yeah I think its a goner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We sure do have a lot in common. I'm glad you can laugh about these things now because they make me want to cry! dd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.