Saturday, June 17, 2006

Manhunt On The Mountain


Friday we had some action up here on the mountain. It started off, with a SUV coming up our dirt road followed by a Police car. I called Mom to see if she had seen it, because we thought it was our hoodlum neighbors in trouble again. And we were quite excited that we didn't have to call & report them this time. *wink wink*

About 10 min. later, a Policewoman & some guy were walking up the dirt road looking into the woods across the street from my house. And following them were 2 Police cars & 2 unmarked cars. Mom being the noisy person she is had her Police scanner on & heard that the 2 guys that were in the SUV, ran & there was now a manhunt. Not long after that, I looked out & as you can see from the picture that they had our road blocked with quite afew cars.

There is a house down in the circle, actually in the picture if you look straight ahead, passed those 2 Police cars, that's where the house is. But the trees are in the way, in that shot. We have been VERY suspicious of this house for a long time. It's quite dumpy & I even refer to it as "Trash House." There have been days when we have counted close to 20 nice cars stop by there for just a few moments at a time. The Police have been there more times than we can count. But apparently there was a drug bust & the guys in the SUV got caught buying some stuff. Also, we got to help in the investigation. Mom called the Police told them what we had seen them do, back about 2 months ago. We saw them bury something in the woods. The Police came & we showed them were we had seen this taken place. I guess whatever they buried was important because the hole was dug back up. Interesting huh?

We know at least 2 people from that house were arrested.

I told D we have seen more Police activity living here than we did in LA. Well, we don't have Ghetto Birds here though....Now that's something special!

4 comments:

  1. I'm PROUD to be a nosey neighbor. I think to have a safe neighborhood you need a nosey neighbor. I proudly carry that name. Don't let Crystal fool ya though. She's pretty nosey herself. (He-He)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I confess I'm a nosey neighbor too! We do come from nosey stock though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I am always trying to figure out what is going on in my neck of the woods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm...just call me Mrs. Kravitz! You have to pay attention to what is going on around you. We're dealing with some stuff in our neighborhood and I can't tell you how many times I have had to call the police in the last few months.

    It definitely keeps things interesting...like MANHUNTS!! LOL! Oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.