Friday, June 02, 2006

A Long Morning



I didn't wake up today until well after 2pm. The reason? I spent the early morning hours in the Emergency Room, with Mom. She thought her potassium had dropped & she feeling really bad. So, we went up there for them to check her out. She's OK. It wasn't her potassium, they just said her white cell counts were up just a bit. Which means she could be fixin to get sick. Mom's not so pleased with that diagnoses, so she's making a Dr. appt.

Anyway, we got there at about 1:30am & she went right back. I was thinking that maybe we wouldn't be there very long. That's a laugh. Shoot! They came & took her blood at 2:30 & said the results would be back in 1 hr. We didn't get home, until after 6am! Thankfully, I took my book. I also had a Coke & a Hershey bar to stay awake. Now, I know you're asking yourself,"But doesn't Crystal normally stay up this late?" Why, yes I do, but I had taken Tylenol PM at 11:30 & was headed to bed (early for me), when Mom called for me to go with her. So, it was a battle to stay awake. I eventually ended in the car, where it was much more comfy than those stupid little chairs or the floor. I read & listening to the radio. I also watch a heat lightening show.



Taking her blood.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, please send my love and warm wishes to your Mom...I'll drop by at her blog to wish her well too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness...you poor thing. I'm glad she is okay...what a night!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.