I have been watching ER since it premiered...What? 10 years ago? I remember the very first season I was in Masters Commission & we weren't allowed to have a TV at our apartment. So, every Thursday we would go to Traci's house, pop popcorn (from the different varieties in the popcorn cabinet) & watch the show. That is until we got into trouble.
And now every Thursday night at 9, I still sit & watch it, but since last season it has just lost it's zest. I will begin the show, but before 9:30, I am completely distracted & I'm up doing other things. It's sad, but I think it's time for that show to be put to rest....Does anyone think the same way I do?

I have been thinking the same thing for the last several months about ER. I'll schedule my tv time around it and then after it starts, I'm thinking that I'm wasting my time. It is not as good as it use to be at all.
ReplyDeleteI don't know if I'll ever use all the skills I learned in EMT training, or if I'll ever actually get or use the nursing license I'm currently studying for, but darned if I don't understand what they're talking about on ER now that I've taken all the medical terminology, biology and other assorted courses! Pulmonary embolism...yeah! Gotcha!
ReplyDeleteThat, and of course the fact that they've got the cute Croatian doctor doesn't hurt!
But that episode where Lucy died was way overdone. I liked the character but I couldn't even feel sad because it was just so ridiculous!
Thanks for the great topic!
Cie
The cheesiest EMT on the planet!
I was a die hard ER fan from the beginning too, and I agree it has gone wa down in its quality, but I still watch it every Thursday. I still like it, but I used to love it. I say keep it
ReplyDelete