Thursday, December 01, 2005

Christmas Memories

This one is for Maria.

I don't remember if this happened around Christmas or not, but it was my 1st yr MC & Maria had really long, thick curly hair. One day Traci & I started hanging stuff all in her hair, like earrings & such & we called it "Decorate the Maria." And we would sing that as we hung our decorations.


Also that year we were entered into the local Christmas parade. We did the theme "Christmas 50 years ago." It was so much fun getting the float ready & everyone had a part to play.There were 2 settings one of the soldiers fighting in the war. And the setting was a family getting ready for Christmas & a soldier comes home & surprises us for the Holidays. I was the young wife, awaiting his return. After that scene, Maria & Lee did the "Jitterbug." And Maria lost her shoe during the dance. LOL
One thing I remember about it all, was that it was SOOOOOOO cold & I had to wear several pair of long-johns under my dress. Maria got to ride in the nice warm car that drove behind us!
Oh yeah! We won the grand prize from the parade too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.