Thursday, November 24, 2005

The Great Escape

Yesterday, I got up & did like I always do. I let the 'kids' out the back door, so that they could potty & play, then I came & got online. They had been outside for awile, when I heard Rocco start barking. As I was walking through the living room, to see what was wrong, someone began banging on my front door. It was Lindy & she was yelling that Rocco was out of the fence. I panicked, I was running around the house looking for my shoes & I ran to the back door to see Rocco standing there looking in. When I let him in the house, I noticed the back gate was standing open!!! I freaked out, because I had thought that maybe he had dug a hole & got out. But to realize that all 3 of them were out! I went to shut the gate & Razz came be-bopping in. But where was Molly? I ran out the front door & Mom yelled that she had her in her house. I went over & got her.

They had been out for probably a good 40 minutes. Which distresses me greatly to think about. Rocco had been up the road past Mom's house & was running down the street when Lindy saw him (in his red sweater) out the window. Mom & Lindy ran outside & began calling him, when Molly came from behind Mom's house. And there is no telling where Razz had been. After I got them back into the house, I broke down crying. All the possibilities of what 'could have' happened.
Apparently when D left for work, he didn't make sure the gate latched. Sometimes you think it does, but it doesn't. And I didn't even think to check, when I let them out. I now has another thing to add to my obsessive compulsive list of things I have to do....Check the gate everytime I let them outside.

So, the 'kids' had themselves a little adventure. And Praise the Lord for Aunt Lindy, she saved the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that your furry family is ok. I don't have a fenced yard so my "bonehead" dachshunds don't go out except on a leash. Most of my cats are strictly indoors but I have one cat who always managed to get out anyway so I broke down and got her a collar and a tag. I live on a quiet cul de sac so normally I don't worry too much about her. However, even here where there's not much traffic, one of the little stray kittens that roams around got hit. So there's always a risk. Just glad your little adventure turned out for the best. Gotta love those crazy animals!
    Peace,
    Cheesy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.