I'm going to share Christmas memories over the next month & here's one now.
It was Christmas 1999 & I was in Los Angeles. I had the bright idea to move to California a month before Christmas. But if I hadn't I wouldn't have met D when I did. But anyway....I had already gotten all my presents before I left home, so I really didn't expect anything. I was living with Dan & Maria in their 1 bedroom apartment, but they had gone home to Bama for Christmas. A few days before Christmas I had received a big box in the mail from Mom & she told me not to open it until Christmas morning. When I woke up that morning, I was alone. I ran, got the box & sat on my mattress on the floor & opened it. Inside was a large stuffed bear, (about the size of Molly, to help me not to miss her so bad) a box of cookies, a jewelry box, with a bracelet & pictures of Molly with Santa. I was so overwhelmed. It was a mixture of emotions, here I was in a very exciting place, with a great big adventure ahead of me. But yet I was already missing what I had left behind.
I called Mom & we talked for awhile, then I got ready & spent to day with D. I was told before Dan & Maria left that I wasn't allowed to have D come over to the Apartment. But I did anyway (Sorry Maria). I just told on myself. That night we came back to the Apartment & watched a movie. D gave me the best Christmas present....He told me he loved me for the first time. Aaaawweeee....

awe thats sweet :)
ReplyDeleteI can't wait until you post memories from our MC Christmas!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove you and I am hanging in there.
That is sweet Crystal. I had a miserable Christmas that year. I didn't even put up my tree.
ReplyDelete