Tuesday, November 29, 2005

A Different Christmas

It looks like it will be just D & I for Christmas this year. Mom & Danny are planning on going to South Carolina to spend the Holiday with Keith & Lindy. And to see Mercy wake up on Christmas morning.

I've been trying to figure out what we should do to celebrate. D doesn't want me to cook alot of food (shocking, huh?), since it will just be the 2 of us. He told me I should make my special pasta salad. I thought maybe I should do that & maybe make a special dessert for each of us. I want Lemon Ice Box Pie & D wants Chocolate Cream Pie. I've never made that before (Chocolate Cream). I guess I'll have to search the web for a recipe, unless any of you have a good one. wink wink.
We are thinking about making going to see a movie on Christmas Day a tradition. We can't wait until we have children to make traditions, we need to start them now.

Can you please give me some ideas of things we can do?

2 comments:

  1. Christmas eve you should watch Christmas movies and swap ONE present... then Christmas morning you should make a big breakfast and then open the rest of the presents then play with them all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hank and I have some fun traditions... a combination of how his family does Christmas and how mine does. We get the kids in the car on Christmas Eve and drive around looking at lights until we have two sleeping elves. Then we head home, get them in bed, and make sure everything is wrapped and set up. Then he and I exchange our gifts to each other (it's usually after midnight, so it's technically Christmas.) THis allows us some one-on-one time, just for us, so that Christmas morning we can concentrate on our kids! On Christmas morning, we are going to let the boys get into their stockings first while we make coffee, etc (that is a Boemer tradition). And every year in their stockings, they will receive an orange (another Boemer tradition). After stockings, we read the Christmas story (a Morrison tradition), pray, and open presents.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.