Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Burned Out

Last night I moved a few pieces of furniture around, so that I would have a place for the Christmas tree. I normally put the tree in window, but not this year. The reason is because I have to put the tree on a table. And when the table is in front of the window, my 3 four legged kids think that they can jump on the table to see out.
I was so excited about putting it up today. I had Christmas music playing & put the tree together & then I got out all the lights. I started plugging them in to see what worked & all but 2 strands are burned out! I'm kinda disappointed about it too. Most of them are unique lights that we bought our very first Christmas & I can't find them anymore. I look every year. And now my tree decorating is put on hold too. I'm cleaning Mom's house tomorrow to make some $, so I have to wait until then to go get lights. My poor tree is standing there all bare. Which I can't stand to see a Christmas tree with no lights, or one that the lights aren't turned on. I'm trying to ignore it, but that's kinda hard to since it's in the middle of my living room.

Last night was very weird without D. I'm fine during the day, but once it gets dark & close to bed time, I really start missing him. As if you didn't know we are a huge TV family & from 7-10pm is "our time together", enjoying all of our favorite shows. So, it's strange not having him here for that. Also since he began working 6-3, we have our little schedule & he's ALWAYS home at night. I remember before I got married & other married people would talk about how it felt when they were away from their spouse. And how it felt like part of them that was missing & it actually hurt. I would think, you people are crazy! But buddy is sure is true. The Bible is so correct when it says two become one, in every since of the word. I know he's only been gone 1 day, so hush!

My mind was playing tricks on me last night & was kept getting spooked. So, I rebucked everything evil I could think & claimed peace over my house & me. And things were fine after that.
Molly, Razz & Rocco all got to sleep with me. Molly always has, but it's a treat for the boys to get too. Especially for Razz since he loves to snuggle under the covers. Before I fell asleep, I watched, one of the Marilyn movies "Gentlemen prefer Blondes." I've seen it several times before, but it's been awhile.

I talked to D & he said that this morning he got to walk down to Bourbon Street & the French Quarter. He said it was pretty deserted, other than the Police & National Guard. And that their were 2 luxury liners out there that had alot of evacuees on them. D has never been to New Orleans before, not only is that an experience in itself, let alone a place that has just had such a historic disaster. So, he's taking it all in. He said that it is surreal to actually be standing were so much took place & people lost their lives.
There is another hotel right across from the Convention Center that is Home Depot's command center & he can go there & use long distance for free & go online. But there is only 1 computer, so he wasn't able to get on there today. I'll get to talk to him 1 more time before he goes to work for the night.

2 comments:

  1. I pray that God will show FAVOR over Daniel while he is there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a long post! I can tell Daniel is not at home. Only 5 more days!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.