Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Musical Messages

I just LOVE it when the Lord uses music to talk to you. It normally happens to me, but Sunday I got to see it happen for D.

We were on our way to church & I had Avalon's Greatest Hits playing. This song came on that D hadn't heard before. So we had to play it again. We listened to it all the way to church. He was amazed by the message of the song.
Fast forward to us sitting in church & a lady walked onto the stage to sing a solo. The music began & D's eyes got huge! It was the same song we had just listen to. How awesome is that? I got chill bumps. It was so super cool.

Something like that happened to me in Texas as well. For that last few months the song that has been in my heart is "Jesus Lover Of My Soul". I even put the lyrics to that song on here a awhile back. Anyway, it was during the youth service that they sang that song for worship. I was of course in the presence of the Lord & was consumed by Him. Remember when I said that the Lord had whispered somethings to me on my trip. Well, this was one of those times. After church, Staci told me that they have never sang that song before. God is the most amazingly beautiful thing that has ever happened in my life & I praise Him for all He is!

Here are the Lyrics to the Avalon song that the Lord used on Sunday.

I Don't Want to Go

You changed my world
When You came to me
You drove a passion
In my soul down deep
Lord, to follow You in everything

I don't want to go somewhere
If I know that You're not there
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie
And I don't want to walk that road
Be a million miles from home
'Cause my heart needs to be where You are
So I don't want to go

So come whatever
I'll stick with You
I'll walk, You'll lead me
Call me crazy or a fool
For forever I promise you that...

repeat chorus

Without Your touch
Without Your love
Filling me like an ocean
For Your grace is enough
Enough for me
To never want to go somewhere
If I know that You're not there

repeat chorus


~Avalon~Oxygen~2001

1 comment:

  1. I love that song too- by Avalon. A girl in our group in Dallas use to sing it all the time.

    And as far at the Song at our church- we had sang it before, it has just been about 9 months since we had sang it... or even a year. I can't remember when the last time was!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.