Friday, October 14, 2005

Oh, The Joys Of Life!

I am not a country music fan, but I love Wynonna! I picked up her CD 'What the World Needs Now' from the library, so I could make a copy. Boy, it's one good album & she has such a rich voice. I'm listening to it as I type this.

I forgot to tell a little about my day, yesterday. I went over to clean Mom's house. I started to vacuum first, which is out of my normal routine of things, that should have told me something. What I mean by routine is I have a certain order for doing things & I never stray from that order. I know it sounds weird, but I like order. So anyway, I vacuumed over the cord, by accident. It happened so quickly. It was awful, because it tore the cord down to the wires. I was freakin' out. I had to go to the other room to tell Mom. I felt like I was walking the Green Mile. You see, this isn't just any vacuum, it's only a few months old, it's quite expensive & not even paid for yet! I told Mom that I wasn't going to clean, so she could have that money to get the vacuum fixed, plus I was so upset that I just couldn't clean. She called the company that makes the vacuum & she has a good warranty on it & they will replace the cord for free! Praise you Jesus! I felt much, much better, so I decided to finish cleaning. I got her Rainbow vacuum out & though these are amazing vacuums, they are also pains in the butt! I was pulling it behind me & it thumped over. If I hadn't grabbed it, then I would have destroyed that vacuum too.
After I finished that, I went over to Mom's precious Curio cabinet & began dusting. I picked up a very big framed picture & I dropped it. My life flashed before my eyes. I thought that it had broke the glass on the cabinet. If that had happened you wouldn't be reading this, you would be attending my funeral. Mom came into the room, because she thought I had broke it too. She tells me she thinks she is just going to pay me to leave! I did complete the cleaning though & thankfully I didn't do anymore damage.

Today D & I went to buy groceries & we are just having a grand time, when we get into the car & it will not start. I begin calling Mom to come jump us off, but she won't answer. While sitting there, I flash back to Staci's blog this past week when she asked if everyone carries jumper cables in their car. I was the only one that answered NO. Well, that's just wonderful, we have just bought groceries remember. We finally get ahold of Mom & D goes into Wal-mart & buys some cables. When D gets back to the car, a very nice gentleman sees D with the cables & offers to jump us off. Mom gets there & follows us around to the automotive dept, so D can go spend $50 on a new battery & then over to the gas station, since we are on empty. We always fill up at Wal-mart when we buy groceries. I'm just very thankful it was only a battery & not something more expensive. The old battery had been a good one, it had been in there since I got Bubbles (my car).

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you flash back to my blog. I'm glad you now have jumper cables in your car. The reason I asked was because I thought everyone carried them (except my husband!) but the other night, he was driving my car, and someone needed a jump, so he jumped them, and they didn't have cables. Oh well. Glad it was just the battery-I know that feeling all too well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll be prepared for next time... or if someone else needs them :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.