In the early French version of tale of Cinderella, she wore white vair, which means "squirrel fur". Later editions mistook the word for verre, which means "glass".
So, she in the beginning Cinderella didn't wear glass slippers.
It makes you wonder if that was never misunderstood, if she would have still become such a popular fairytale.
Oh & by the way, it is my all time favorite fairytale. I still have my Cinderella book that my Mom had to read to me every night when I was little. It's falling apart. :) I want the new DVD sooooo bad!
What is your favorite fairytale?

My favorite is "Beauty and the Beast". I LOVE that movie! rg
ReplyDeleteMy favorite has always been 'Sleeping Beauty.'
ReplyDeleteThat's a tough one. I like many of the fairy tales. All for different reasons. I do love Cinderella though. Its a good princess fairy tale.
ReplyDeleteBeatuy and The Beast is another one of my favorites, along with the Little Mermaid (love the music score)
Again, too hard to choose.
I'm not found of sleeping Beauty.
I do like snow white though-
Wow... why'd you have to ask a question that I can't give a straight answer to. Darn you.
:-)