Friday, July 22, 2005

My Honey D

I am SO blessed! I have an amazing hubby. Don't get me wrong, there are times, when I want to ring his neck, but he is the perfect man for me.
You know after you get married & settle into the routine of life, those wonderful butterflies you used to feel in the pit of your tummy, kinda fade away. Do you know what I mean? Don't you miss those? Like remember the first time he held your hand...That first kiss....It gives me goose bumps thinking about it. You may feel them occasionally, but not like with it was a new love.
Anyway, I love D more than I could have ever imagined possible. Things have always been really good between us. Things that surrounded us have always been crazy, but our marriage has always been incredible. Sure there is always the normal bickering stuff. Who doesn't have that? But we never go to bed angry (great marriage advice). But just recently I started to pray that we would fall deeper & more madly in love with each passing day. Since then I have noticed a difference, a really good difference. And this morning when he gave me a goodbye kiss, I felt those butterflies! It was so cool! I didn't want him to go to work then. :)
He NEVER makes me feel bad about myself. He tells me at least once a day just how beautiful I am. He says I'm not fat, I tell him love is blind. He has never raised his voice to me...ever. He always looks at me with love in his eyes, never disapproval. He is my gentle giant.
I can't believe just how much the Lord has blessed me with this wonderful man. We may only have $5 in the bank. No gas in the car. Bill collectors are calling. The milk in the fridge has expired. We may not live in the most perfect house. All the stresses of life are piled on our backs. BUT we have love. Love for one another & we are blessed with an awesome marriage. Thank you Jesus, for that.
Every time, I hear of what other women go through & how their husbands treat them, in my heart I say a little prayer of thanksgiving. There are times when I think, "I saved myself for marriage, I have served the Lord faithfully. Why am I not being blessed with this or that?" But today, I realized I am blessed. Not that I didn't already know that, but it just hit me really hard. I thank Jesus everyday for what I have. I was just reminded, my eyes were opened alittle more. But there is one more thing that I would love to be blessed with...Hoping & praying....That's an entirely different post....
I don't want to step on anyone's toes with this post.. Or make anyone think I am rubbing my life in their face. That is not my intention at all. I'm just sharing what I'm felling.
Also to all you single people out there, I thought I would never get married. But I always prayed for my future husband. I even made a list of things that I would hope he would be. And God, pretty much gave me everything on that list. Now D is not perfect by any means...Who the heck is? I'm surely not. But he is perfect for me. We are perfect for each other. After we got married I told him about how I had been praying for my future husband for years. He said that there were times, when he had felt the presence of the Lord with him, like he knew someone was praying for him. Isn't that so amazing? How he was all the way in Cali & me here in Bama & he was feeling my prayers, before we had even met. God is good all the time! All the time God is good!

3 comments:

  1. I do have the best son-in-law. I always prayed that God would send Crystal a man that would treat her like a Princess. Well he did. She has her Prince. Thank you Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God knows what you need before you even do. Isn't that amazing about our God! I rejoice with you for your marriage. Thank you for reminding me to send a prayer of thanksgiving up for my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butterflies in your tummy is awesome.... I still get those too! Its makes me feel warm & fuzzy. Matt and I talk about our silly little things that we do and pray that 40 years from now we're still doing them. If we're in a crowded room we'll sign I love you and the other one has to sign it back. We hold hands at night before falling asleep. He blows my hair dry. I wash his back and he washes mine. and the list could go on and on. I love my hubby and he's def. the perfect man for me and the best daddy ever for my girls!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.