Sunday, December 19, 2010

One Week Down

We survived the first week of commuting. After my initial cry fest the first morning the rest of the week went by with ease. But you do have to give me some slack on that first morning, it was my birthday after all. ;) It was late Wednesday that I started feeling a bit sad, when Razzy was showing signs of missing his Dad.

D had a great first day. But he started getting sick & only got worse. So, even though his first week at his new job went really well, he would come back to hotel & crash. I hate when his is sick & he rarely is. But knowing he was that sick & away from home, made my heart hurt. But he is home now & I am trying to get him well.

He got up Friday morning for work to find one of the tires on the car almost flat. He went & got some of that stuff (not sure what it is called) that seals the inside of the tire. I was nervous about him driving home, but Thank You Jesus, he made it home safely. And a new tire will be bought today.

This next week may be a shorter one, since I am guessing they will be off on Christmas Eve. I do know that the company Christmas party is going to be at Rendezvous....The "place" to eat Memphis BBQ!


While D was gone this is what I did...Nothing. Haha! It was my first week not having to paint in months. So, I needed some time to just chill. I did do some cleaning. I have also been doing alot of searching online for a place to live. Thursday night I went to Mom's Sunday School class Christmas party with her. It was at Olive Garden, now how could I pass that up? 
When we left there I needed to go to JCP to get D a shirt for work & we ran into Donna & baby Mason. I had to hold him! :)

Then on Friday night, Mom took me to deliver my last order. After that we went & did some Christmas shopping. When I got home D was here! 


Here we are playing with D's new work mac.

1 comment:

  1. They went to the RENDEVOUS!!! THAT would be the ONLY reason I would go back to Memphis! It is amazing!!! We went to Memphis not too long ago and I just wasn't an Elvis fan or interested in much there; however, THE RENDEVOUS was FANTABULOUS!!! You MUST GO one day with D!!! Can I put any more exclamation points in this comment....oh yes I can!!! The Rendevous is the equivalent of an "I LOVE LUCY" store on steroids (;
    By the way, I'm glad you made it the first week. The first is always the hardest. You are an amazing woman!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.