Friday, October 15, 2010

Oh My Gravy! I'm Gonna Do What???

A few weeks ago, I ran into a lady from church while out to lunch with Mom. And the lady, Robin, looked at me & said, "God is going to be expanding your business. And you are going to have to hire some worker bees." I got chill bumps when she said it & I came home & wrote it in my journal. I just thought that adding new products to my line & having some things for sale in our church bookstore was maybe going to make my business grow. The idea of this little hobby turning into something big frankly scares me.

Then.......This week I was asked to do something I never, ever dreamed I would be asked to do. I almost threw up at the idea, but I just started praying. I knew that this was God saying...."I'm expanding your business....Don't you trust Me?" I wanted to say "No! I can not do this, are You crazy!!!!" I tried everything to talk myself out of it & I about passed out after much thought, prayer & encouragement, when I said "Yes! I will do this."

So guess what! I'm going to be on "Talk of Alabama" the morning talk show that is on our ABC affiliate.
I will be on there with Delightfully Fancy!!! It's going to be live on Tuesday morning the 19th @ 9am. I am flipping out & I am going to be uber busy the next few days getting everything ready for the show. I have no clue what being on this talk show is gonna do for my business. I'm soooo nervous. But I am trusting. So, if you are reading this please pray these things over me...


  • That I will get rest the night before
  • My nerves will not get the best of me (It's been a long time since I have been on a stage, much less live TV.)
  • I would be at peace
  • Calm nerves
  • Complete confidence
  • My words would flow easily, no tongue twisting, stumbling over myself or the hosts
  • I wouldn't not nervously sweat (The idea of this makes me nervous & makes me sweat!)
  • And that the interview goes smoothly & quickly!
Thanks to everyone that has supported me & this venture so far! And especially to those that have ordered my creations. Means the world to me.

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome Crystal....I am so happy for you and I know it is going to work out perfectly for you because of your passion.

    You GO GIRL!!!! Cheers from Singapore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WAY TO GO! This is so exciting. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and of course we will be praying. I hope this doesn't mean that you will be going up on your prices. hehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu'll be great - I just said a pray for you. I am proud of you. I'll try to watch in online.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll be great!! I have my DVR set!
    We'll all be praying for you!
    ~b

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so excited for you!! Well deserved!!! I will be praying! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting Crystal :) I will be watching for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Excited for you! you'll do awesome because you are AWESOME!!!
    I wish I could watch.
    will you be able to get a copy of the tape and post it later?
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It should be posted online later, so I'll link it here! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.