Saturday, March 06, 2010

Missing Her

This is a photo of my Granny when she was a teen. I remember finding it in the big blue broken down duct taped box of photos, while sitting in the floor of the large closet that housed the oversized deep freeze, full of push-ups & other ice cream. I was fascinated with fashion magazines & thought it looked like a Calvin Klein ad. The photo captures Granny's raw beauty. I can say that it is one that I adore the most.

It's been 18 years since that strong, opinionated, spunky, witty, crazy woman left this earth. You would think that with each passing year the pain of missing her would get easier...It doesn't. It just becomes harder, especially when I really think of the years that have slipped away. The years that she has missed out on. The years that separate that last smile, hug & "I love you" we shared. As I sit here with tears pooling in my eyes,....Granny, know that you are missed more today than yesterday. You impacted my world in so many ways....I only wish you would have known just how much you were & are cherished...I love you.


3 comments:

  1. I'll bet she knows, honey. I'll bet she knows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were here, Mama, to know my Grandbabies. You could call them "ugly little brats" and they would adore you, too. I miss you.
    rg

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.