It still to this day amazes me how special the Lord really is. I am going to be honest, the state of my life lately has not been something to be very proud of. With 2010, I knew that there had to be some changes made in the way I have been living my life. I sat here the other day & looked at my home with unveiled eyes. My home was in pitiful shape. I mean, it was beyond just needing things picked up. If you have ever seen the show Hoarders....Well...My living room, kitchen & master bedroom were all on the brink of becoming one of those homes that is filled with stuff & garbage. It got this bad over the last how ever many months I worked on ornaments. I sat & wept. Because the Lord said to me, as I sat in the middle of the mess, that it was a manifestation of what was going on inside of me. I love the Lord with all that I am & even in the storms of this life, that has never changed. But I have seriously stopped "cleaning house" so to speak. I pray all during the day. I read the Bible occasionally...Well, it's usually a few scriptures online, to be quite honest. So, this week...Day 3 of the fasting & prayer that I am doing with my church...I am in the midst of cleaning house physically & spiritually. It is work, but who has a home that self cleans? And my spiritual home can't clean on it's own either, now can it? I am trying to make things fresh & new this year....I want to stand strong.
I kinda feel like Rosie the Riveter poster "We (I) Can Do It!"

I have given up something during the day that was very hard for me to lay down for the fast. But wow! At all that can be accomplished. Also along with the fast we were given a daily devotion written by some of our pastors. It's real simple, but straight to the point. It's all about finding God in new places. Pretty cool how ya can find Him in a cluttered filled, desperately needing to be cleaned living room.
Thank you Jesus for being so accessible to anyone & everyone. You don't dwell in a synagogue or a chapel. I don't have to go through someone to talk to you. You don't exist just on Sunday. But you are real & alive. I can talk to You about whatever I want. I don't have to say a rote prayer for You to hear me. You are open & ready to listen at any given second or every single day. And you see me & love just as I am. This messy, cluttered, grouchy, opinionated, emotional & sometimes angry me. Thank you for that love...Thank you for showing me so much, even when it hurts. You are all I need.
I kinda feel like Rosie the Riveter poster "We (I) Can Do It!"

I have given up something during the day that was very hard for me to lay down for the fast. But wow! At all that can be accomplished. Also along with the fast we were given a daily devotion written by some of our pastors. It's real simple, but straight to the point. It's all about finding God in new places. Pretty cool how ya can find Him in a cluttered filled, desperately needing to be cleaned living room.
Thank you Jesus for being so accessible to anyone & everyone. You don't dwell in a synagogue or a chapel. I don't have to go through someone to talk to you. You don't exist just on Sunday. But you are real & alive. I can talk to You about whatever I want. I don't have to say a rote prayer for You to hear me. You are open & ready to listen at any given second or every single day. And you see me & love just as I am. This messy, cluttered, grouchy, opinionated, emotional & sometimes angry me. Thank you for that love...Thank you for showing me so much, even when it hurts. You are all I need.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting!!!!
P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.