This weekend (including Friday, since D was off) a few things got conquered around here:
1) 3 weeks worth of coupons were clipped & organized into my coupon binder. This is something I dread doing when it gets this way.
2) The roof on the back porch was finished...Well, excluding 2 pieces of tin. The roof came in handy on Friday night with the gully washer we got! Oh & the sound of rain on a tin roof. Priceless.
3) The grass got cut. A huge feat, since D hates to do this job. If you could cut grass, using a video game, I'm sure our yard would be spectacular!
4) The bucket garden was demolished. I stopped taking care of it, when I realized you couldn't eat the tomatoes or peppers. The skin was horribly tough. It was like trying to bite into plastic. Guess the Farmer's Market will be where I get my veggies next Summer. No more food gardening for me. I will stick to flowers, thank you very much.
5) The Big Blue Pool was drained. I'm sad I didn't get to swim in it one more time, but my back would not allow me to get in. I am glad to get it down though & have my yard back. I was feeling claustrophobic.
6) I finished up my big ornament order for Delightfully Fancy!
7) And as of today, my back is not hurting! First time in 2 weeks. I hope to get some more stuff accomplished this next week, like.....Deep cleaning this disaster of a house. When my back is out, I have to just ignore the state of the house, to keep my sanity. Even though, D keeps the dishes washed, the rest of this place looks like a toxic waste dump.
Here's a peek at one of the ornaments I did...

1) 3 weeks worth of coupons were clipped & organized into my coupon binder. This is something I dread doing when it gets this way.
2) The roof on the back porch was finished...Well, excluding 2 pieces of tin. The roof came in handy on Friday night with the gully washer we got! Oh & the sound of rain on a tin roof. Priceless.
3) The grass got cut. A huge feat, since D hates to do this job. If you could cut grass, using a video game, I'm sure our yard would be spectacular!
4) The bucket garden was demolished. I stopped taking care of it, when I realized you couldn't eat the tomatoes or peppers. The skin was horribly tough. It was like trying to bite into plastic. Guess the Farmer's Market will be where I get my veggies next Summer. No more food gardening for me. I will stick to flowers, thank you very much.
5) The Big Blue Pool was drained. I'm sad I didn't get to swim in it one more time, but my back would not allow me to get in. I am glad to get it down though & have my yard back. I was feeling claustrophobic.
6) I finished up my big ornament order for Delightfully Fancy!
7) And as of today, my back is not hurting! First time in 2 weeks. I hope to get some more stuff accomplished this next week, like.....Deep cleaning this disaster of a house. When my back is out, I have to just ignore the state of the house, to keep my sanity. Even though, D keeps the dishes washed, the rest of this place looks like a toxic waste dump.
Here's a peek at one of the ornaments I did...

The ornament looks great!!! I can't wait to see what all you come up with this Christmas!
ReplyDeleteYou really did accomplish a LOT of big things! I have an ongoing to-do list that I've yet to finish. It's getting smaller by the day but I still keep transfering things over to the next day.
I should add SLEEP to my list!
GOODNIGHT!
You did a lot! I feel lazy now--lol xoxo
ReplyDeleteThat ornament is awesome. You have a real talent with art.
ReplyDeleteYeah...I wish I had that $150+ I spent on buckets, dirt, cages, fertilizer, plants, gloves.....am I forgetting something?
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! Is that for the dance studio? Will you post all of those when they're done?
ReplyDeleteYou're so good at this!
Jessica~ It sure is for the dance studio! And I'm going to post them all soon!
ReplyDelete