Sunday, July 05, 2009

Date Night With D

Friday afternoon, D & I went to see Transformers. Yes....I sat through 2 1/2 hrs of things being blown up! I need to see a good drama ASAP to reprogram my brain. I only went for D. Believe me it is not my idea of a good movie. The things you do for love.

After the movie we went to Brock's a fancy smancy place to eat. Thankfully it was casual, even if the food wasn't. D had gotten an all inclusive gift certificate from work, since he has been running his department for about 6 months. They wanted to reward him & me, since I have been doing without my hubs.


This is the Amuse-Bouche. It's a bite size treat from the chef. They are considered a mouth amuser.
This is the appetizer D chose...Flat bread chicken.
And I got a corn bisque. It had huge hunks of crab meat. It was delish!
D's main course, was seared duck breast. And it also came with foie gras. Which was nasty! Not quite sure why it is considered a delicacy.
Here is my $38 beef tenderloin. They told me it came with green beans...Yeah...5 of them to be exact! But that steak was delightful!
D got chocolate souffle for dessert.
While I got strawberry trifle.

Our total bill was $105, but for us it was all free! And it probably be the most expensive meal we will ever eat. Unless we get it free again. :)

6 comments:

  1. The food your blogged about (home cooked or restaurant) always makes me hungry Crystal.

    I can see that it is hearty meal and is trifle like a mousse? Very very interesting :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a fancy meal!! It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. D has the same taste in movies as me, Chad and Joh. We took John last weekend to see Transformers for his birthday. dd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over D eating rare duck! NO NO NO!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you guys had fun!It kinda reminds me of the cruise Eric and I took. The formal dinners were so fancy! You could eat as much as you wanted after you finished your first entree if you wanted another one all you had to do was ask you could get either of the same thing or something different that they were serving that night. You could get multiple desserts too. Man, now I want to go on another cruise... Oh and for a chick flick I loved The Proposal, it was so funny!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.