
Saturday evening D had a video game tournament with some friends. I had the car & nothing to do. I was bored out of my ever lovin' mind! And let me just say, bored is not a word that I use often. I can always find something to do. I am not someone who has to be around people to be happy. I'm quite content just being at home. But there are times, when I need to be around people. I am also not a wife that guilt's my husband into spending time with me. Since we have been married, D has not reached out much to make Alabama friends. So, when he does go do something with friends, I don't make a fuss. I would not want him to feel bad in anyway. One thing I do find interesting being my age, married & without kids....There isn't a real place I fit. And on a Saturday night, people my age are spending it with their families. So, I had no choice but to be by myself. Now, normally I am fine with that. This time not so much. I dropped D off, & then went to do some shopping. I had plans to go to the mall. but chose to stay local. I probably should have went on to the mall. I bought the few things I had on my list & then went into every other store around. Amazingly I wasn't enjoying shopping. Did I really just admit to that??? I went to the theater to see what was playing. It was all blockbuster Summer films. Not my cup of tea. And especially not something I would go see alone. Nix that idea. It happened to be the Saturday of the month, that the classic cars are all in the Walmart parking lot for a car show. I walked around there for awhile, since I love old cars. But I honestly felt like everyone was looking at me. Like "Look at that woman, she's all alone." I was really trying to not have a mini-meltdown. I didn't want to go home, but had no where to go. I did go to one more place, where I found a magazine rack, that I had been wanting to hang on the wall in my bathroom. For some reason I was instantly in a good mood! I guess the shopping endorphins, finally kicked in. All was right in my world, once again. I decided on getting some sushi. I went to my favorite place & realized there was a video store. I went in search of a happy movie. I found Bride Wars, ordered my sushi & while they were making it, I went to get some ice cream. Rocky Road. Yum! I also got some M&M's for my popcorn. I then headed on home. And it was good to be there.
Even with having Toot, I get like this sometimes when hubby's working on the weekends, lol. I'm with ya for the sushi, m&m's and ice cream...Not sure about that movie though, lol. ;)
ReplyDeleteDang it! You should have called. You could have gone with us to the dirt track to see what the rednecks do on a Saturday night!!! We tailgated with our KFC and watched JR come in 2nd place! I'll call you next time we go.
ReplyDeleterg
P.S. Word Verification for this post is "nomen". Funny.
Sometimes I didn't want to be alone too other times it is ok. Glad you find something nice to keep you occupy....wish I was there SweeT!
ReplyDeleteI can really relate to what you said, my husband and I do not have any kids (one precious fur baby though :D), live in a town where neither of us grew up, went to school or have any family. I don't drink at all (and he only rarely), don't like to "party" (in the loud, crowded sense), and I am finding that the older we get, the harder it is to find couples without kids (or who have kids but are willing to rub elbows with kid-less adults) to hang out with. It's too bad you and I don't live closer, it would be lovely to get together.
ReplyDeleteBig hugs & happy Tuesday wishes,
♥ Jessica
I'm never alone unless an minor miracle has occurred, but I still find myself in these kinds of moods. I want to be out of the house, but can't find anythign to keep everyone busy!
ReplyDeleteSorry it didn't work out for us to get together. I called you today to see if you wanted to do the park thing with me and the boys. We discovered Butt Crack Park. It was nice.
ReplyDelete