Monday, April 20, 2009

My Latest Pair & A Question


Forgot to post this....
I went into the shoe store, just to walk around, while D was in the video game place. And there on the top shelf were these beauties. I stood there in awe. D came into the store later & that is where he found me. I have no clue how long I was standing there in amazement. I mean come on! Converse + black & white polka dot! Now does that say Crystal or what?

I've gotten compliments every time I have worn them. :)

I have worn converse since I was a tween. I am not wearing them now that they are trendy again. But sometimes, I wonder if, at the age of 32, I'm too old to wear them. I wouldn't give then up, but I wonder if others think I should retire my Converse. I always say I will be an 80 yr old, with long gray curly hair, sporting my Converse.

If there anything you do or wear, that makes you wonder if you are too old for it?

16 comments:

  1. Too many people today want to wear certain styles or name brands because "that's what "they" are wearing." Will someone please tell me who "they" are and why should we care what "they" do or think? I say you need to wear what you feel comfortable and good in. If you like your converse and want to wear them when your ninety, hey, that's your choice. I'll probably still be wearing two different color socks with my dress pants but if that's what I like - why not? (and I'll be going out to dinner with my two sisters who are dressed to the nines with their matching outfits!)dd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wore them at age 9, but I have not owned a pair since. Mine were the hi-tops. My brother had them as well... They were two colors and you folded down the top and tied around it to show off the other color. Fun Stuff. I have bought ONE pair since 1989, but they were for Katy in Texas, she wanted RED ones for her birthday so that is what I bought her. Oh and I bought Chloe a pink pair at a yard sale but her foot was always to thick for them. Jack had a Christmas pair of booties that were converse, but his foot was too big by Christmas that year. They were from a yard sale too. lol

    As far as something that I wear that I wonder if I am too old for it? UM- I am always wondering if I am dressed correctly for my age. I watch "What Not to Wear" and especially the episodes that have women in their late 20's, so I can see what they say about them. Too often women my age dress either way to young (like printed character tees) or way to old for their ages. I am confused most of the time as to what I should be wearing. I do care and do want to be mainstream. I don't have people here my age that I am around to know how to compare myself... but I do try to look good when I go out.

    I know you will be wearing converse at 80 years old. I on the other hand will be calling you as a 76 year old asking what I can wear and still look good. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plus now that I work with teenage girls again- its hard not to like the things they like, but I know better. I don't need to dress like them! But I also don't want to dress old enough to look like their mother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh oh...I'm in real trouble! I still wear printed character tees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My question is always: "Do I look too young in it?" Sometimes people think I'm still in high school. I get that statement at least once a week. So, I have to be careful when wearing something while having my kids around or I look like I'm a teenage mother who had my first at about 14! I love braids...but obviously that is out when I'm out in public...sniff sniff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Duh?? EVERYTHING! Yes, my dear Crystal, this is a question I ask myself every day. Am I too old for this spiky blonde hair. Should I really be wearing this cute dress - over a pair of jeans? With cowboy boots? Or converse sneakers? Should I really be driving this beat up Chevrolet Suburban? Or should I graduate to a 'grown-up car? Hmmmm, I may blog about this myself...

    The answer is NO!! You are not too old. Please, don't start looking like 'everybody else' to 'fit in.' I've tried it and it's not fun....

    Love ya!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  7. personally I have never "fit in" and I am perfectly happy with that. I started wearing rhinestone brooches on my jackets LONG before Michael Jackson started it and tuined the good prices I used to get at antique shops. I wore a key in my ear BEFORE Janet did. I wear a ring on every finger - which irritates some people, and many people think my jewelry is too big. I still love my big clunky high heels - not the skinny ones women in my office canbarely walk in. For me clothes/accessories are a part of expressing me - and "me" is definitely NOT like everyone else!!! Wear those sneakers with pride!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love converse but they don't have very good support so I had to retire mine... but Jessica wears them now... my old pair! LOL I almost bought Darcy a pair of pink ones a few weeks back.

    I say where whatever you want... if it looks good :) I hate seeing old women in daisy dukes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. dd.....I wish we still had those outfits, even though they probably wouldn't fit now! LOL

    Wear them converse. I'm surprised you don't have any Doc Martens!!

    I wear my little butterfly clips!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love those!! I have NEVER had a pair of Converse...can you believe it?? I saw some really cute ones at the Target in Alabaster though. Maybe I'll have my first pair ever soon :o) And you are definitely not too old...I can't think of anything that I wear that I might be too old for...I do love low pigtails every now and then, but their just cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder if, at age 25, is ok to be so obsessed with Hello Kitty... if that´s wrong I SOOOO don´t wanna be right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and don´t worry converse are ok at any age.

    ReplyDelete
  13. omg! i love them...they are soooo you! kitten you know that you need to just be you...and girl go for it be happy...now i love them...i wear them all the time...also i am the wrong gal to ask this question i dress totally out of the norm for a suburban housewife..eeekkkkk and its so rooten' tooten' fun!!! live it and love it sassy pink lucy...you sparkle!cat

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've always wondered who "they" are too...!!...???

    ReplyDelete
  15. What character tees do you own? I've seen women in Elmo, Tinkerbell, spongebob, cookie monster disney characters and Tweety Bird. I just can't go there.

    I need some v-neck plain tee's to wear around the house and when I'm working at the home. I retired all my printed tee's from our youth ministry days- all but TWO of them, because I don't have anything else to wear!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.