Today is the first day of Spring, can you believe it? I don't like Winter to end. I just really enjoy being able to be all snuggley & warm in my little house. But Spring is one of my favorite time of the year. Everything being new & fresh. Seeing all the green popping up through the brown. The vibrant colors of the blooms. The world comes to life once again. It's rewarding to sit back & watch it all transform.With Spring comes the fever & cleaning. And this Spring I hope to accomplish getting our yard in some kind of presentable order. I have quite a few Azaleas I want to transplant to different areas. And there is the top of one of the Hickory trees that got knocked off during a storm that is taking up a good portion of the front yard that needs attention. I also want to put a gate on the front porch, so 'the kids' can go out there with no worries. And I would love to plant a Red Bud tree.
On the inside of the house I want to finally put down the carpet that we have had since last May! Thanks to Donna. :) The plans were to paint the living room, after I did the kitchen, then put down the carpet. But the slow economy hit D's work, so painting the living room took a back seat to surviving. Maybe we can still paint before the carpet. We shall see. Of course the usual organizing of closets needs to take place!
But other than all that stuff, I would love for D & I to spend more time out enjoying new places. And taking advantage of his off days. Making memories.
So here's my question:
"What have you been looking forward to doing this Spring?"

My yard needs attention, starting tomorrow. I am embarrased by it. I would like to plant some more things myself. Wish I could lay down some sod but that costs lots of $$$. Grass seed will have to work! I will also pressure wash the house. I also love the windows being open, which I will close of course while pressure washing the house! :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Spring! I was so excited this morning at 6:44 when she finally arrived! I want to pressure wash the patio and pool deck and assemble my new fountain that I bought last year on clearance! I just love being outside in the warm sunshine. It is healing to my soul.
ReplyDeleterg
I am looking forward to spending more time outside. We have had a very cold winter. Long stretches of -40 (that is the same in Celsius and Fahrenheit) with just tiny little breaks in the temperature to tease us once in a while. We have spent way too much time cooped up in the house and we want OUT!
ReplyDeleteI need to closet clean. BUT I have been waiting for nice weather so I can take a drive out to the veggie farm. I know they won't have veggies, but they also have a flower & garden section that should have potted plants soon! I would say I look forward to opening the windows, but I have 15 busses per hour that turn the corner by my apartment heading to the bus garage - no kidding - so when I do that, the apartment gets a nice breeze & LOTS of noise!
ReplyDeleteThe BEACH! :) Living 5 miles away from it is going to be niiiice.
ReplyDeletePlanting flowers, getting a swingset for the kids, and of course...building a playhouse. :)
ReplyDeletePlanting a vegetable garden with my daddy!
ReplyDeleteGet my house painted that pretty butter yellow, green shutters and a RED front door!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm looking forward to planting our garden. I love sitting outside with the kids during this time of year... not too hot. my kids and hubby suffer from severe allergies... bless their hearts :(
ReplyDeleteCrystal, love your blog! Saw your comment on my xanga about the Woodworker's Center. Monta would love to show Danny around. You have to be a member to use it. Membership fee is not bad and includes lots of perks that woodworkers really enjoy such as using the equipment there for your own personal projects. Today Monta is involved in an all day router class. Thrilling! I guess. :) Just give us a call, and Monta can give him more info. Love your pics...gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteCrystal, just realized that I called Daniel Danny! Sorry!!!
ReplyDeletePhyl
I am really looking forward to having our first vegetable garden this year. And, I love going on day adventures with Jake and the kids. Sometimes hiking or going to the zoo. And, I love having more daylight so that we can enjoy more time outside after Jake gets home from work.
ReplyDeleteBeach Trips, Biking with the kids, trails at DNP. Sitting outside to eat supper on the back porch. And seeing the dogwoods in bloom.
ReplyDelete