Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine Oh Nine

I made these on Friday...And since D doesn't like them, they were ALL MINE. Wwahahaha...
D worked for the first part of the day & came home with a personal handwritten note. Before we left I let him choose what perfume I would wear. He chose Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers *Love*, which I thought was so appropiate. Then we ventured out for a late lunch/early dinner. We chose a new Italian place that just opened close to our house. We have only heard good things about it, everything is made from scratch & the place is always packed out. A sure sign of delicious food. The prices are nice, which our bank account thinks is sweet.
We both had lobster ravioli. That first bite was an explosion of flavor. I was shocked we both ordered the same thing. That has never happened in all of our 9 yrs together.

D surprised me with a movie. What a treat, since we rarely go to the movies. We are DVD people. Haha. I just feel guilty spending that kind of money for a movie, but my Honey D insisted. There really is nothing like the theater experience.
We normally get snacks to sneak in the theater & YIPEE!!! The Girl Scouts were selling their cookies in front of Walmart! It pays to carry a suitcase for a purse. :) I will say though, the aroma of popcorn took control of me & I did get a small popcorn. It was another never do kinda thing. But I ate that entire $3 bag of puffy stuff!
This movie was a perfect feel good Valentine movie. And Isla Fisher is adorable. 2 thumbs up!

We did not encounter any crowds ourselves, because of the times we chose celebrate. But when the movie was over, after 7, the theater was a mad house!
After the movie we stopped by Publix to get ice cream, to go with the brownies I was making for D'S Valentine treat. I saw this flavor of ice cream & we decided to get it also.


To end a very laid back perfectly sweet day, we snuggled in bed & watched Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

And now I recovering from a sugar overload!


Molly & the Bitty Buddies
hope you all had a very special love day!




13 comments:

  1. John had to work on Saturday, so I bought myself a new purse, took John a chocolate milkshake, and bought myself a reese cup blizzard. We skipped the reservations at Waffle House and ate at IHOP. We bought each other valentine candy on Sunday when it was half off. You can't get more romantic than that!
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friends and I drank mimosas and watched lifetime all day. It was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures crack me up especially of Roc!

    Well... my little man bought me a Life magazine dated Dec. 24th 1951 which would be my very first Christmas Eve at 3 months old. SWEET! Then I spent the better part of the day making a quadruple recipe of chicken n dumplins to take to our Nifty Fifty Valentine Dinner. They were a SUCCESS as usual. Those little piggies ate all but a small portion which I brought home to the little piggy next door (who called me while eating Lobster Ravioli to ask me to save him some). You owe me D!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that sounds like a beautiful way to spend Valentine's Day! Really pretty pic of you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well that sounds like a beautiful way to spend Valentine's Day! Really pretty pic of you, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i want some chocolate covered strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey what a great celebration and such great indulgence ;D I can feel the romancing already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I spent my valentines weekend on the couch recovering from a stomach virus with my faithful Duddie Buddie by my side, at my feet, where ever there was room for him to lay! dd

    ReplyDelete
  9. Read my blog to see how our V-day went...
    You got all 3 of my favorite kinds of girl scout cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a Great V-Day!!! We've never celebrated V-Day in any special way. Since our Anniversary is in January. You do look amazingly skinny in the picture with D, great job on losing the weight!

    I'm making strawberries on Tuesday for MK.

    The Ice Cream sounds SO amazing! I will have to look for some! I wouldn't want an entire carton, but a small mini one would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you guys had a great day together. Glad to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet the Italian restaurant you had the lobster ravioli was Carrabas! Am I right? We have Carrabas in our town and the only thing I ever order is the lobster ravioli! It is sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Guess Carla! But nope! Not Carrabas. It was a family owned place. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.