Saturday, January 17, 2009

Blogging A Book

I have heard several friends, especially those with kids, say that they would love to turn their blog into a book someday. I thought about looking into this, just to get an idea. I wouldn't mind turning my blogs into books someday also. Of course, I would not put certain posts in the book from Pink Lucy, since it is full of paid posts & stuff that is unimportant. I found one place that was talked about on other blogs, called Blurb. They turn all kinds of stuff into books. And each blog book holds up to 440 pages. The prices start at $12.95 for a 40 page softcover. You could even get it made into a hardback with a dust jacket! Really big timing! It could get pricey, so when I do decide to start making my books, I will breakdown the books into months or years. And probably purchase them over time. Since I've blogged since 2005, I don't think it would all fit into 1 book anyway. Plus wouldn't it be cool to see a collection of your blog lined up on a shelf? They also offer a bookstore, so your "fans" can purchase your book! I love that idea! This is a really great way for family members to have your blog life chronicled in book form. One thing I thought would be so fun, is if you have several kids, then make them their own book, with only the posts & photos of themselves. You know they would cherish that.
There may be cheaper places out there for this kind of stuff. But go----->HERE to see what they have to offer.

5 comments:

  1. THis is great! I have tried printing out my blogs before; however, the amount of ink it takes to do it is crazy! I'm so glad you mentioned it and I will be making one soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear I had this thought just this week!!! I just thought of somehow putting it all into a book, just to have...as a memory..not for people to buy. This is insane!.!.This was JUST on my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a search about printing mine off a few months ago and came across this site. I'm definitely going to do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to do this. I've looked at it before, but not in a while. I don't care about doing my personal blog as much as the kids blog.
    Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool Crystal, I did try to print out some of my blog entries :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.