
Things have been a bit different around here lately with D's schedule. The bad economy has hit his work, so he is taking on other things at his job, just to get in his hours. But the Lord is showing him favor in the company. That is something we have always prayed. He has been working nights this past week. Every day is different. Today he left for work at 3:15. I decided to take the car this morning & get in some shopping. I had gotten $20 in Kohl's bucks on Black Friday & they were going to expire on Saturday, plus I had received a $5 off anything coupon. $25 of free money, heck yeah! And while over in that area, I needed to go to Hobby Lobby to get more ornament stuff. Speaking of which....I have had ornament orders placed!!!!!! How exciting! And just from that blog post. Thank you all for being so encouraging. I find myself being a bit too critical when it comes to things I create & was overwhelmed at your response.
I actually woke up at 7am....Believe it or not. But my sleeping habits have been more whaky than normal lately. It was so cold & rainy this morning, that I second guessed venturing out. But I was determined. I have kinda gotten this "If it rains, you stay home" mindset. Mom used to always be that way when I was younger & it would frustrate the crap out of me. Now I am doing the same thing. Gggrrrr....
As I was leaving the house, I found a coupon for Michael's, so that was my first stop. Then Kohl's....Why, when you have $ you can not find a flippin' thing? I was in that store for over 2 hours trying to spend that $25! And to make matters worse, I ended up getting sick. I was so nauseous & light headed. I finally found a "hope" ornament & another pair of houseslippers. I had gotten a pair of blacks ones months ago, but wanted gray. They had gray in my size this time. Yay! But I still had $ to spend. I was so happy to find a "Grease" ornament. I wanted one last year, but I wouldn't pay the price. But to my surprise it was 50% off today. I left the store spending 53 cents out of pocket. I was miserable & in need of nourishment. Milo's came to the rescue! I love their fries & for some reason their Coke taste better than anywhere else. They have the good ice. :)
Hobby Lobby was next. I hadn't been to this HL in a long time & I kinda like it better then the one I normally go too. I stocked up on more ornaments, paint & ribbon. Hey, at 50% off you can't beat it.
The last place I went to was Walmart. I figured I would check out their ribbon selection. While walking through the craft area, I heard someone yell my name. I retraced my steps & coming towards me was our favorite CVS manager Brian! We hugged & talked for a few minutes. We didn't know what happened to him, Mom had called the new store he was transferred too & he no longer worked with the company. It made us sad, since we liked him so much. Now I found him!!!
I got home just in time for D to leave for work.
Then I cooked Chicken spaghetti (my favorite meal to cook) & organized all of my ornament stuff.
I was exhausted & layed on the couch to finish watching Survivor & then Grey's, with only the Christmas tree lights glowing (love that). Since I was recording Grey's for D, I gave in too my eye lids shutting. I slept on the couch for 2 & a half hours. This is something Crystal, does not do. Napping only happens in my bed. But let me tell ya, it was one good nap.
Now I am blogging, I gotta send out my nightly e-mails to my friends & then I will get started on ornaments for the day. I know...I'm getting started at 1am. *rolling my eyes*

I'm glad you found the ornament! Its cute. I'm not a grease fan, but I know how much you are!
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to see you sell your ornmanets! This is the time of year to do it!
I don't nap in the bed anymore, because my body thinks its time for a real good sleep! I only nap on the couch with one eye open! lol.
So does Brian work at Walmart now?
ReplyDeleteWhere is Brian?
ReplyDeleterg
The thought of shopping in Kohl's makes me nauseous. I never find anything in that store. Not fun...
ReplyDelete