Saturday night our family all got together at Renee & Jimbo's place. This year was unique. We have always met at my Paw's, but the family has grown to 27 if everyone shows up...28 counting Annie, Paw's dog who is normally a tag-a-long. And we were like sardines packed in there. Three years ago, we knew it was time for a change & we had our party at Diane's church. There was tons room, but it just wasn't Christmasy enough. Last year everyone came to Mom's. In my opinion it was one of the best times we have all had together. All of us were together, a bit crammed, but together none the less. Now that brings us to this year! We had Christmas in the Barn! Renee & Jimbo worked super hard getting the barn in the perfect Christmas spirit. It looked so warm & cozy! I think we have found our new "home for the holidays."
We weren't allowed to go in until just the right time & it was worth the wait. The lights were off & the glow of the tree & candles filled the room. While the wood burning stove kept the place perfectly toasty.
My Granny made this long ago. And it greeted you as you walked in.
Jimbo made these awesome candle holders.



Paw & Danny...Justa swingin'.
The tree totally rocked! I was a bit fascinated with it.



Diane is praying for world peace.

Fixin to pray so we can chow down.
The kiddie table.
The only group shot we got! We look like the Waltons gathered all around the table.
"Happy Birthday" being sung too me! It was the reason I agreed to the party on my birthday.
I am confused by Mom & Diane's hands...Are that awaiting their piece of cake? Hahaha!
My scrumpdillyumptious cake that Donna made from scratch! It had cream cheese icing..My very favorite. I need the recipe, chica! THANK YOU DONNA!!!!! I heart it so!
Ashtyn & Alyssa blowing out the candles over & over again.
But Alyssa had a better idea.

Maybe she had too much!
Diane going in for the bite!
Just a kid at heart. I love this picture.
I wonder who loaned Renee the Santa hat?
Ashtyn
Blakely
Codie
Alyssa
Mom got this shirt for Codie. It's perfect!


This is hilarious!!!!! Mom was being mean to me as I snap this picture! This will teach her to be nicer! Seriously I can not stop laughing when I see it.


There is a phenomenon that takes place when we get together...Things always end up on Diane's ears.

Laurie, during the cousin ornament exchange!
Bonnie & Jimbo
Karl
Donna with the sought after ornament on the night.
Jason
Time for Dirty Santa!

And that's the end of the photos....
I wanted to take so many more. Pooey!
There were missing family members this year. D of course was at work. Bob didn't make it. Chad got there not long before we left. Keith, Lindy & Mercy weren't there either. :(
Renee & Jimbo, you will never know just how much I appreciate everything you both did in making the barn a place full of Christmas wonder! Y'all are the best!!! I hope you realize what a treat it all was. Can't wait till the next time! That barn is coming in handy!
We weren't allowed to go in until just the right time & it was worth the wait. The lights were off & the glow of the tree & candles filled the room. While the wood burning stove kept the place perfectly toasty.
This is hilarious!!!!! Mom was being mean to me as I snap this picture! This will teach her to be nicer! Seriously I can not stop laughing when I see it.I wanted to take so many more. Pooey!
There were missing family members this year. D of course was at work. Bob didn't make it. Chad got there not long before we left. Keith, Lindy & Mercy weren't there either. :(
Renee & Jimbo, you will never know just how much I appreciate everything you both did in making the barn a place full of Christmas wonder! Y'all are the best!!! I hope you realize what a treat it all was. Can't wait till the next time! That barn is coming in handy!

I enjoyed the shout out and photos from Nee Nee's phone! : ) I wasn't expecting a call. It was a pleasant surprise while I was making out my Christmas cards.
ReplyDeleteOh the events in Bama I miss...
Great family union there and thank you so much for sharing. I know I would be so much part of this family if ever I do make it to spend time with you lovely folks.
ReplyDeleteHappy Holiday and all the best for the new year too :D
Crystal, you captured the evening! Little did we know when that "barn" was under construction that God would fill it with so many sweet memories! It was more than I could ever ask or imagine. My husband is the best!!! No matter how challenging the task, he always attends to every detail and makes it perfect. We want to enjoy it to the fullest while it's decorated, so I held my hospitality team meeting in the barn last night. They loved it too! I can't wait 'til our next gathering in the barn.
ReplyDeleterg
....and Jessie, you're gonna have to come back home. I can't stand you being alone. Come here!
ReplyDeleterg
Diane and I were doing the Vanna White thing pointing the attention to you.
ReplyDeleteIt was a great evening. I am in LOVE with the wood burning stove. I COVET one for my living room.
All the pictures were great even the one of ME!
I would have loved to have been there. When I see pictures of your family together, I want to be a part of it, no matter what you all are doing, heck even your trips to the ER look fun! LOL.
ReplyDeleteI'm ready for the next one! dd
ReplyDelete