Back before CVS, I normally used Purex since it was normally the lowest price detergent that smelled good. Scents are a big deal too me, one reason the laundry detergent isle is one of the fond places in my life. Gain has always been my favorite "expensive" brand. I remember thinking if I saw Gain or Tide in someone's buggy at the store, that they must have money. Funny, huh? So, occasionally I would spurge on Gain & get upset once that treasured box was empty. Once I started going to CVS & using coupons every time I shopped, I was able to purchase Gain, as often as I wanted. But one detergant I had never used was Tide. Mom never used it, so I didn't either. I always think that's interesting how we follow in our Mom's footsteps when it comes to brands. CVS had a good deal on Tide, I had coupons & thought, "Why not?" And it smells really good! I used it & loved it! Tide was on sale again & I went to get the powder kind & they were out. Power lasts long & is a better value in my opinion. But they had the liquid Tide Pure Essentials in White Lilac. I have been wanting to try it & my coupons were expiring, so I bought it. I started using it today & it is wonderful. I am in love with the scent! I think I had to bring every single piece of laundry to my nose & take in a deep breath, before I folded it. Haha!Have you tried it before?
What's your favorite detergent?
What do you use?

I haven't used the white lilac, but I normally use just regular Tide. I have to be careful with the scents on my detergents because they can give me headaches. For example, I used to use Gain, for years, but then they changed their scent some about 7 years ago. It just became too strong for me, so I haven't used it since.
ReplyDeleteI love gain. Eric used tide before we got married but his roommate was allergic so he had to quit (they used the same machines.) But, after I started getting exema I had to go to the all free and clear. I also liked this windfresh stuff that I bought when i worked at Sam's. It is a 5 gallon bucket of detergent for only $13.00. It smelled great and lasted forever.....
ReplyDeleteThe reason I never used Tide was because when I was young I was allergic to it and so therefore never purchased it until I started going to CVS as well. Also as you stated it is expensive but since it is nearly free there I have started using it and I LOVE Tide. I'm no longer allergic to it or so I don't think I am. I recon I'll have to try this new scent. I have also read that you should use powder detergent in Hot water wash and liquid in cold. The next time it is on sale with ECB's and I have a coupon I will buy some. THANKS for the info.
ReplyDeleteGrowing up my grandma always used Purex and my parents always used what was on sale!
ReplyDeleteI used ALL and Gain while I was in college.
Hwwever, when Jon and I got married he informed me he was a Tide Man! So we use Tide- all different types though. However, scent is very important to me, but even more so to my husband. He usually does the laundry so he usually gets to pick the scent of the detergent.
I love reading about everyone's CVS adventures, and I always share them with my husband. He is the manager of the CVS by our house! So it makes him laugh and happy to hear about so many shopping there!
I love the ALL small & mighty. It smells good and really gets the stains out of the kids clothes. I always used Purex before CVS also.
ReplyDeletesince I am not a devoted CVS diva I will stick with my Purex. It smells good, works great and I take advantage of the BOGO when it comes around. The price is not bad when it's not on sale either. I will say that Gain is my favorite but choose not to pay the difference. My liquid fabric softener covers up the smell of the detergent anyway. dd
ReplyDeleteFor almost 9 years I used nothing but Gain and on occasion Tide. Now that I'm a CVSer I use what is on sale. I, like Jamie, love the All small and mighty. I'll have to try this one though. Thanks for the info!
ReplyDelete~Amber
I love, love, love Tide (the april fresh one? is that what it is called?) but Andrew is allergic to it. I use Gain almost all the time. It is cheaper then most of the other detergents here in Canada. Funny that it is more expensive there.
ReplyDeleteI use the Tide HE as I have the front load washers and they do not use as much detergent or water. Therefore I get alot of wash loads from a bottle of tide
ReplyDeletelove ya
deb
I am currently using the Gain that I got on clearance at CVS... the botanicals one... and I love it. Now I'm sad that it isn't available anywhere.
ReplyDeleteI remembered receiving samples in the mail box when we were staying in Alabama but yet to try them here though....
ReplyDelete