Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Life & The News

Well...After...I don't know, several weeks, my back seems to be getting back to normal. I haven't even been to CVS in 2 weeks! Labor Day was the last time. So, I missed the whole 90% off Summer Clearance. Pooey.
My house is slowly being put back in order. It's amazing just how filthy a house can get, when it's neglected. But I'm pacing myself & each room is starting to sparkle.


D has been working alot. He's the lone ranger in his department, now that his supervisor moved out of state. D may be taking over the position, so be praying that one in! That would be huge! He's been there going on 7 months. God is faithful.


Oh...Fall is in the air & it is marvelous! Fall is one of my most favorite times of the year. Some leaves are changing up on the mountain. And I'm looking forward to a hayride!


Goodness, Hurricane Ike sure left his mark didn't he? And not just along the coast & Texas. The devastation is unbelievable. I wish they were doing more reporting on it all, like they did with Katrina. But there is alot going on in the news these days. Like the outrageous gas prices. Thank you Jesus for Bubbles (our car) & her mpg. I would not want to have an SUV right now. D called me today & said the 2 gas stations near his work were out of gas. I reminded him that paying more for gas is a small price to pay compared to what so many are going through. We have a perfectly dry, in one piece home, with electricity, food, water & ice. So, no complaining about the gas. Sure it's a strain on the budget, that's not fun at all. But thank the Lord, next time you go to the fridge & fill your glass with ice. Or step into a hot shower. Lay down in your nice comfortable bed in your home. Or that you even have that car to put over-priced gas into! And what about all the people that ended up relocating to Houston after Katrina & are now going through it all, yet again. Lord be with them, let Your peace reign.


What in the world is going on with the Casey Anthony story? In jail. Out of jail. In jail again. All the lies. The people fighting outside her parents home. And did you see the footage of Cindy Anthony, fighting with that protester & the protester's little boy got his arm shut in the car door? They were completely ignoring the kid as he laid in the street crying. Child services are now involved & are investigating the protester. As well, they should be. But is the midst of this circus, people are forgetting about this missing little girl, Cayley.


Wow...That was a topsy turvy post. I went all over the board didn't I?

4 comments:

  1. good post! I'm happy I finally have time to sit down and read your blog and not rush through it like I usually have to. I have been transferred to a new position at work that gives me more a little more computer time and new hours. I will update you on all the happenings later!
    -Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Crystal Dawn! WE are greatly BLESSED and I THANK my JESUS continually for the many blessings He has bestowed upon us all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me of how blessed we really are. I knew we were but sometimes we need to be reminded.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen!

    I'm glad that your back is feeling better.

    The whole Caylie Anthony things is so so sad. It just tears me up inside.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.