
This is an email I got from my Cousin Donna, who's husband Karl is stationed in Iraq.
Hey everyone....
I haven't heard from Karl on the phone in a few days..and was actually starting to wonder and kinda worry last night. I got an email from him about 2 days ago saying he'd been sick. He said he was hurting in his stomach...and had been throwing up. I got an email early yesterday and he didn't say anything about it, so I figured he was better.
I just got a call from him (weird #) @ 3:40am...He said he was in Baghdad. He had surgery last night...it was his appendix and it RUPTURED! He told the docs he wasn't feeling too well and that he thought he needed to get checked out, so they flew him by helicopter to Baghdad last night and did surgery. He'll be there for 4 days and then will fly to Kuwait to re-cooperate for a few weeks. He'll come home his normally scheduled time..
I just got another call from Karl...he was very groggy from the pain meds. He said an Army Surgeon did his surgery...
They haven't stitched him up yet, just have the area covered w/a bandage...b/c they are having to irrigate the area and make sure they've taken care of the infection from his appendix before they close him up. He said they weren't able to do his surgery laproscopically, they had to cut him on his right side. They also had to take out part of his colon due to the infection getting to it. He says they're still telling him he'll be in Baghdad for 4 days, then fly to Kuwait to stay for 2 weeks. Also, the morphine they gave him wasn't working, so they are giving him a different pain medication..(starts w/an "L").
Please not only be praying for Karl, but also for Donna.

Been praying and will keep praying! I can't imagine the kind of helplessness Donna feels as a wife! And I've been through the appendix thing and it is no fun, even when you are nice and comfy at home, so I'm praying for extreme comfort for him.
ReplyDeleteYuck!! That just stinks and stinks even more with the surrounding circumstances!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is scarry. I will be praying.
ReplyDeleteHey, I meet your cousin yesterday! One that lives here in my town. I can't remember her first name but last name is Brown.
ReplyDeleteShe recognized me from your blog. HA! You never know who? is reading these things?!
Hi, Eric I'm her cousin (with the last name Brown, and I didn't meet you yesterday. I must have a twin!
ReplyDelete~Amber
Oh wait, I forgot about Laurie!! It must be the other "Brown cousin"! HA HA HA!!!
ReplyDelete~Amber
Hey! It was me. Eric stopped by the house on his campaign route. I recognized him and told him who I was. He asked if we knew Mollie Brown and were of any kin. I didn't realize just how known she was around town.
ReplyDelete-Laurie
Sorry I forgot your name Laurie. I tried to remember it but, "Do you know how many people I have meet since July 1st!?" Either way, it is nice meeting all the Browns. What is funny is, yesterday I rented the movie "Meet the Browns" by Tyler Perry. Who knew that I would actually Meet the Browns! HA!
ReplyDeleteOOOH HONEY I AM PRAYIN' FOR SWEET COUSIN AND HER HUBBY...I AM SO THANKFUL FOR HER AND HIS SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY...PLEASE LET HER KNOW THIS EX..VINTAGE MILITARY WIFE IS THINKIN' OF HER AND HUBBY...GOD BLESS CAT
ReplyDeleteTHEVINTAGEHOUSEWIFE.BLOGSPOT.COM