Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A New Update On Jimbo

I received this e-mail from Renee this morning (I did take out the names & places for security reasons)...

This is the first opportunity I've had to visit PinkLucy since last Tuesday before I met Jimbo at the ER. We appreciate you keeping everyone updated on Jimbo's condition. I'm sorry I've not called to update but life has been at a different pace this last week. Let me update you now:
We are home. We came home Monday afternoon. God is so sweet and has ordained our every step (nothing new....He's always done it....it's just that our "vision" is really focused on Him at times like these). Jimbo is doing very well. He spiked a temp of 101.2 at 2:30 Tuesday morning. Bonnie heard a little crackling in the lower lobe of Jimbo's left lung (having a Respiratory Nurse in the house is a blessing!). I called the heart surgeon afterhours and again when his office opened. They sent us in for a chest x-ray. I talked with the Dr. last night (he still did not have the radiology report) but called in a prescription for Levaquin (antibiotic). He said Jimbo "probably has a little fluid back there where the surgery was done". We should get a report today.
Jimbo is usually up at 2 a.m. to potty (I told him it's like having a new baby in the house!). He was up 3 times during the night last night to potty. He gained 12 pounds of fluid post-op but has lost 4 pounds of that since Monday. We are trying to rest as much as possible. We're both feeling a little drained right now. He has no complaints except for his bowels not moving on a regular basis. Normally, he is very "regular"....if you know what I mean! The medication has slowed down that process quite a bit and that is the only discomfort he is experiencing at this time. Please pray with us that he gets some relief from that today. He can have has pain medication every 4-6 hours as needed and has gone from 2 pills to 1 with about 6-8 hours between doses. He took a little walk at 6:45 this morning while it was still cool outside. He walked down to the entrance of our lower driveway and stopped a couple of times on the way back to catch his breath. He rested in the recliner while I prepared breakfast. He's resting now so I thought I would take advantage of that and send you this update.
I will be sad going back to work and leaving him with Bonnie, not because I have anything to worry about while he is in Bonnie's care, but because I will miss taking care of him during the day. Jimbo is a great patient and a joy to take care of. He is so sweet. Even after what he has been through, He is still the strong one in our family and my encourager. God has much more to accomplish through Jimbo and I am grateful that He does!
Jimbo and I have been totally overwhelmed by the love that has been so abundantly shown to us over the past 10 days! We still don't understand why so many people love us so deeply. I know God is pleased with His children who have ministered to us in ways that continue to display the love of Christ in every situation. Looking back at the days preceding Jimbo's surgery, we can clearly see how God was working through us, helping us to get our house in order, literally, for the time that we would spend away from home......from getting the grass cut to deciding what surgeon to use, God did it all!!! We can't praise Him enough!!!! Yes, God is in control.....ALWAYS!!!! As a matter of fact, I needed to install a wand showerhead last night to make it easier for Jimbo to get a shower. I'm not mechanical, at all, but Jimbo told me it was a 60 second job and that he would walk me through it. Just as I walked out the door to head to the barn for some material needed for the job, a longtime friend, James, pulled in the driveway. We haven't seen he and Janise in a long time but they had heard about Jimbo's surgery and wanted to "drop by" to see how he was doing. James' occupation requires him to install about 80 showerheads in any given day (he works in maintenance at a local University). He had that new showerhead installed in about 3 minutes. Can anyone argue the fact that God doesn't care about our EVERY need...even something as trivial as installing a new showerhead? James dropped by to see how his buddy was doing, but God sent Him to our house at just the right time to be His hands to complete a job that I was skeptical about doing. Any arguments anyone? Isn't God the greatest!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Thanks again for keeping the USA ;) updated on Jimbo's condition! We appreciate it so much. Y'all keep praying for Jimbo's recovery.
We love you.
rg


Here's the Radiology Report:

Just got a call from Dr's office. The radiology report showed an improvement from the previous one done on the 4th. No pneumonia...bless the Lord! All is well.

2 comments:

  1. Our GOD is an AWESOME God!

    He works in SUPERNATURAL ways.

    He is showing you guys supernatural favor.

    PRAISE HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good and your story is a testament to that. Even though I have not been there in person I want you to know that I have been a cheerleader from afar. You all are always in my prayers. Should you need anything at all you know where and how to reach me! Love ya! dd

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.