
This entire election season has been daunting & I have been ready to see it end, but yet fearful for what the outcome may be.
I have gone from not wanting to vote, to being confused as to who should receive mine.
I am conservative, but would have rather seen Hillary be the Democratic nominee. I do not like Obama, mainly for the reason is he seems too perfect. I agreed with the McCain ad calling Obama a celebrty. Obama is Hollywoodized. It's all glitz & glamour. With all that being said, I am very excited to be alive to see a black man be nominated for President. That is historic. And how ironic his acceptance speech was on the anniversary of Martin Luther Kings "I have a dream" speech?
Obama's choice for VP in Joe Biden, is not a good one either. I was a bit shocked actually that he chose him.
McCain is going to get my vote only because he is my only option, not because I totally believe in him. I will say he did impress me with his answers at Saddleback. He was honest & his answers were no calculated & they actually made sense. It was none of that "over your head" crap like Obama.
I was curious as to who he may choose for his VP & let me just say I was floored when I turned on the news yesterday to see Sarah Palin! I do know who she is, unlike most of the commentators. I had heard of her a few months ago, when she gave birth to her baby boy. And I instantly liked her.
I am overjoyed at her being the Republican VP pick!!! What a bold move. I could care less at all the commentators remarks that McCain only chose her because Hillary is not on the ticket. I'm just happy Palin is on the ticket! She is one strong woman! She is a woman who does not back down. And is more qualified than Obama ever dreamed. Plus she's gorgeous, has a beautiful family & a hot husband. Ha! That never hurts anything. She just rocks! I felt just a pride well up inside of me when she took that stage. What a history making election for sure! I had no plans to watch the Republican convention, but I think I will now. I am now voting for McCain/Palin with optimism & not out of obligation.
And in another piece of irony...This week was the 88th anniversary of the women's right to vote!

I'm excited about Palin too!!!! I would have expected Condoleza Rice but this Palin seems to be a great fit for McCain. I feel a lot like you I will be voting for McCain not simply because he is a republican...but because I am excited at the thought of what he can do with Palin as the VP. I do hope he puts her to use & doesn't 'shelf' her as some have said could happen.
ReplyDeleteSorry for the book!