Shionge sent a surprise package the other day. She's such a sweet heart! She sent me pink earrings, a pink little bag & a pink sewing kit. We both share the love of pink! And D got a cool bottle opener, that's also a magnet. And I have fallen in love with these rice cracker! They are super delish & spicy. I don't know what I'm going to do once I eat them all. I need to ask Shionge to translate the name of them, so that I may be able to find some online.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Singapore Surprise!
Shionge sent a surprise package the other day. She's such a sweet heart! She sent me pink earrings, a pink little bag & a pink sewing kit. We both share the love of pink! And D got a cool bottle opener, that's also a magnet. And I have fallen in love with these rice cracker! They are super delish & spicy. I don't know what I'm going to do once I eat them all. I need to ask Shionge to translate the name of them, so that I may be able to find some online.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Crystal - They are called "Kaki no tane". They are a japanese rice cracker (probably most asian countries have the same type cracker). That is what the package says - at least the Japanese reading of the characters. The chinese reading would be different. Anyway - you might try searching Asian foods, and then look under "rice crackers". The one place I did find online was in the UK - so that does not help. I could probably ship some from Chicaho if you can't find them. I go to the japanese store pretty often, and it is near my mom's, so it is not a problem. Denise - Nicole's friend.
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome Crystal and thanks to Denise for the extra information. We get it so easily over here and I would be very happy to get some more for you.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, do you like wasabi? We could get some wasabi green peas too and if you are game for it...heheheheh...look out ya.
Thanks so much, Denise for translating for me. I didn't know you still stopped by my blog! I may take you up on the offer, if I can't find any. I know if I still lived in LA, finding them would be no problem. But Alabama, is a pick out of the loop on different cultures.
ReplyDeleteShionge-I like Wasabi in small doses. I do enjoy it mix in my soy sauce, for my sushi.
Not a problem Crystal. Yes, I still do pop in to see what is going on down there - I just don't comment much! You can e-mail my at yuzuru@hotmail.com if you decide you want some crackers and let me know where to send them.
ReplyDelete