Growing up, hanging clothes out on the line to dry was just apart of life, in the warm months of the year. I've even recently been talking to D about putting up a line for me in our yard.
This story on ABCnews caught my attention. I'm not wanting to dry my clothes outside, because I'm going green or anything. I just enjoy sun dried clothes, plus it does save on the power bill. And it brings up some sweet memories for me.
What are your thoughts on clotheslines?
Do you have one? Do you use it?
Would you use one, if you had it?

i've been doing it! partly in my new attemts to be green. ive partly covnerted a lot of things (mostly chemicals) in the house to more green or homeade choices. I also am pretty much doing a organic diet for homeade food (mostly on fresh fruit and meats). I dry all my cloths and towels outside. But I have to dry Michaels in the dryer becauae he says he "does not like crunchy clothes". I also have a terrible mean wastefull neighbor that I am sure that all my laundrey hanging all over my deck and in the trees tortures!!! hee hee!!!
ReplyDeleteI have a line outside and I've even gone as far as buying the clothes pins but haven't done it yet... I need to wipe down the line first. Maybe I'll try it today. To save on my power bill of course... but it does bring back memories of my neighbor that did it and when it rained I run outside to help her take em in.
ReplyDeleteI remember having to run outside as a kid to help mu mom get clothes off the line when rain turned up unexpected. When I do laundry by her she always tells me to hang my sheets and towles outside. I don't like them hung out because although they smell "fresh" they have a funny feel to them. I don't mind other stuff being hung out. Since I live in an apartment, I don't have anywhere to hang outside if I wanted to.
ReplyDeleteWe had one growing up. It definetly is a money saver. It is hard on people with allergies though. Both of my kids & I have allergies. That rules out that option. In fact our doctor told us that when our allergies are acting up we need to change our clothes after coming in from outside. Otherwise I'd be all for it!
ReplyDeleteI hang the majority of my clothes up to dry but it is in the house on hangers. I would love to have a clothesline outside. I love the feel of smell of clean clothes as you take them down off the line, especially my sheets. When the kids were little, I used cloth diapers and would hang them outside to dry because at that time I had an outside clothesline. What sweet memories!dd
ReplyDelete