I'm having to reprogram my thinking in several areas. I'm having to reprogram D as well.
- I have always bought mainly store brands, it's weird to have name brand stuff stocked in my cabinets.
- I've stayed away from buying toiletries at drug stores, since they are normally so over-priced.
- I am someone that can't wait to finish up a bottle of shampoo or soap, so I can open a new one, which is usually a different brand or scent. The thing is I usually leave a little in the bottle. Now that I'm getting several of the same thing. I won't be doing that anymore.
- Learning to use other brands. I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to products. I get a tad excited at the thought of the newest greatest product. But I'm also brand biased to certain things. Like I have used Secret deodorant for as long as I can remember. Now I have several Lady Speed Sticks, to use & I'm looking forward to using them. D on the other hand is digging in them heals on the subject. Especially his Old Spice deodorant. He DOES NOT want to use anything else. But there is no way, I'm going to pay $4 for something that I can get for basically free. He's just going to have to go with the flow.
- I'm a list maker & now my shopping lists are *very* detailed. I take each sales ad, mark what I want. Then make my list for that store, go through my coupons for the things that they have. I mark on my list if that item has a coupon.
- I don't shop at 1 store any longer. Walmart used to be my 1 stop shop. No longer. I go to CVS & Walgreens first, the stores with BOGO second & Walmart last.
- My cabinets have NEVER been this full. Usually by pay day we are scrounging for whatever we can find. What a blessing, that we aren't doing that anymore.
I'm having tons of fun on this new adventure in money saving!

Thanks for the coupon last night, CD! Love you!
ReplyDeleteone day you'll have to go with me and teach me :)
ReplyDeleteGOD IS SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME!! He brought this CVS program into my life at the right time. Money is short but our needs go on and so thru this CVS ECB program our needs are being meet as well as some of our wants. THANK YOU JESUS!
ReplyDeleteToday I went to two CVS, did 3 transactions, came home with $63.53 worth of merchandise , about $10.00 in ECB's (Extra Credit Bucks which is money at CVS) and it cost me $2.02. Do I hear a HALLELUJAH!!
I have to come to D's defense. Some deodorants do not work as well as others, especially for men. I know Bob has tried several until he found the one that works best for him and he actually prefers Old Spice too. Hey, with all the money you are saving on other products, spend the little extra to keep your man happy! I think he deserves it! I'm rooting for you D! Auntie D
ReplyDeleteOkay I have to LAUGH at the fact that Chris uses Old Spice deodorant too. Our husbands are SO much alike, Chris said that the other stuff breaks him out. Makes him itch, so he won't even TRY anything else. Free or not. I agree with Aunt Diane, take the money you save and keep his pits from going to the pits. LOL.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Y'all are making me laugh & who knew Old Spice was so popular?
ReplyDeleteD is allergic to any blue kind, but he has used other white solids before that he were fine on him. So, we can give these a try. You never know until you give something a try. :)
All Casey will use is Old Spice!
ReplyDeleteI think I might have to switch to CVS even though it is father away from our house than any of the other pharmacies.
You should post your CVS success over at my blog girl!
ReplyDeleteAnd I have to say... I was pretty brand snobby too before I started the CVS "thang" too! Not because I meant to be... I just bought the same thing because I like it. It never occured to me to try something new! I have been trying all kinds of different products now. But, like your husband, my husband is not as excited about trying new things! He is digging in his heals about contact solution!
Denise
The "Cent"sible Sawyer
Lucky for him the Adidas deodorant is white :)
ReplyDeleteI posted for ya...
Oh, and Lee uses Degree
ReplyDeleteOk, so from Nic's blog....why is mom shaddy
ReplyDelete