Monday, April 14, 2008

Saving $ is F-U-N!

I have always been a coupon clipper, well, back up a minute...I go through coupon clipping phases. I would carry those little coupon envelope things in my purse, but end up frustrated when I would forget about a certain coupon. Grocery shopping can be complicated enough without having to search through a stack of coupons. Besides I already have a list & calculator I'm having to deal with.
Last month Mel, wrote this post & it inspired me. I knew some people took the coupon game seriously, but I never realized what a movement it was! I also never knew the deals you could get at CVS & Walgreens. I am now on a quest to save extra $$$. Not only is it fun, but it is challenging. I am still learning all the "things" I need to know to get the most for the $, or for free. Yes, I said it...FREE! I did get a gallon of milk for $1 the other night! It made me so happy. That stuff is liquid gold these days.

Here is my coupon organizer, that I put together. Inspired by the ones I've seen from the wonderful Money saving women out there!

Everything has a place & coupons are organized into categories. Love it!



Be sure to click on this icon & take a look at some great stuff! She tells you how to save $ in detail.

5 comments:

  1. Seriously, Mel could get tenure at a university for the knowledge she has in cutting coupons!

    Everytime I get those printed coupons at Walgreens, I never look twice at them. I just crinkle them up and think, "what a waste of paper."

    But NOW, I'll save them and see what money I can save. I shop at Walgreens at least twice/week.

    Gallon of milk for $1?? You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! You are speaking my language. I have a coupon binder just like that. LOL! I've been doing the CVS thing for a few months now and I have a HUGE stockpile of toiletries for pennies on the dollar. I've been able to give away so much too.

    I've got my sister, parents, cousin, friends...hooked too. :)

    Money Saving Mom is my hero! LOL! She's a big Dave Ramsey fan like my husband and I. We were able to pay off all of our $20K worth of car and credit card debt this past year. My coupon clipping helped us some there. :)

    Now, we're teaching young adults in our church about how to be smart with their money. Who'd ever thunk it?!!! Us? Teaching about personal finance? Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last adventure sorta stressed out the store manager but.......I had fun doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading the Money Saving Mom blog also, and I've started the CVS "game". It can be kind of overwhelming. I've only done a few small transactions until I learn the system. A CVS is being built here in Calera beside the high school and I can't wait until it's open! If you have any good tips let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The closet was a big selling point to me hehe. I just wish I could get rid of the clutter (I'm hoping to have a storage building in the next month or so:) Then it'll look a lot better )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!!!!

P.S. Don't forget to let me know who you are. Anonymous comments without a signature are deleted.